Sziget 2016

Zero_Newnab

Guy from Warsaw close to RHCP (he saw them a few days ago on invitation only event from backstage) posted in one fb group I'm part of: "Informacja jest nieoficjalna lecz potwierdzona przez członków zespołu - RHCP zagrają na festiwalu w Budapeszcie w 2016 roku!" which means "Information is unofficial but confirmed by team members - RHCP will play at the festival in Budapest in 2016!" with link to Sziget site.

Asked the guy on fb, he said "100% sure thing"

Edited by Nicklord

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Guy from Warsaw close to RHCP (he saw them a few days ago on invitation only event from backstage) posted in one fb group I'm part of: "Informacja jest nieoficjalna lecz potwierdzona przez członków zespołu - RHCP zagrają na festiwalu w Budapeszcie w 2016 roku!" which means "Information is unofficial but confirmed by team members - RHCP will play at the festival in Budapest in 2016!" with link to Sziget site.

Asked the guy on fb, he said "100% sure thing"

Which fb group? :)

Unfortunately it's never gonna happen on the Main Stage, but he may fit perfectly in A38.

I believe the "best thing" we can get for the End Show it's Jack Ü. I loved Skrillex's set in 2014, the crowd went totally insane and his set was massive, but I really don't know how it would be with Diplo as I really dislike Major Lazer. And I'd sincerely like to thank Balaton Sound for saving us from Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike.

On 10/02/2016 at 4:24 PM, ilbeyene said:

Exactly. The festival ends the 17th at 6am. Really don't know why they keep on adding that day on the official dates as they don't do it for Balaton Sound and Volt. 

Is this definitely correct then? I had read it as the Wednesday being the last day of music and having to leave the site on Thursday (as that's how pretty much every other festival in the world works!)

We were going to stay in Budapest til Friday anyway so just means finding a hotel for an extra night.

Any tips for a Sziget first timer? Have been to plenty of other UK and European festivals including Outlook, Werchter, Electric Picnic, Glastonbury, Boomtown etc. Hopefully I'm right in thinking it's most comparable to Glastonbury in terms of size and other things to do besides the music?

2 hours ago, ilbeyene said:

I know every other festival in the world write the dates in a different way and for a first timer this may be confusing, but it's correct: 17th at 6 am the music ends :)

And yes, Sziget is definitely more Glasto than Wercheter!

Is Sziget one where you can carry drink about anywhere like Glasto?, or does it have to be bought in the arena?

It says on the website you can't take any alcohol in at all but I don't know how strict they are likely to be? Surely sneaking spirits in would be easy enough. Looking at the map the stages and camping seem to all be together on the island rather than a seperate arena/campsite layout.

2 minutes ago, Bilbo Baggins said:

It is confusing! What time do we have to leave than campsite than?

By 10am on wednesday the 17th they say! We left around 11 last year :) 

1 hour ago, renrutbor said:

It says on the website you can't take any alcohol in at all but I don't know how strict they are likely to be? Surely sneaking spirits in would be easy enough. Looking at the map the stages and camping seem to all be together on the island rather than a seperate arena/campsite layout.

The two years I went I managed to sneak in some wine, jager, vodka... the beers are really cheap onsite, as well as other alcohol so don't really bother. Security can me harsh but it depends on the person that looks through your stuff. Camping is even better than Glastonbury, we camp between the stages :) 

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Is Sziget one where you can carry drink about anywhere like Glasto?, or does it have to be bought in the arena?

As renrutbor said, there is no separation between the stages and the camping, so you can wander with alcohol wherever you go!

If it can help:

https://backpacknstuff.wordpress.com/2015/12/13/sziget-festival-2015-services/

Hi, looking to come to Sziget for the first time this year. Just a few queries..

We're planning on staying off the island in a hotel. what area is best for us to book our hotel in to have easy access to the island? 

Is access by bridge or boat?

What are the queues like for day visitors entering in the morning? 

Does the music go on all night? Is there a 'kicking out' time for day visitors?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Hotel

Doesn't really matter, but you really want something on the Buda side. Batthany Ter is the metro station so somewhere near there is ideal. 

Both

Non existent almost

Music goes on all night on the smaller stages. A-38 which is the second stage finishes at 4 or 5 ish

Kicking out for Day visitors is 6am I think

16 hours ago, Noeliam said:

By 10am on wednesday the 17th they say! We left around 11 last year :) 

The two years I went I managed to sneak in some wine, jager, vodka... the beers are really cheap onsite, as well as other alcohol so don't really bother. Security can me harsh but it depends on the person that looks through your stuff. Camping is even better than Glastonbury, we camp between the stages :) 

As renrutbor said, there is no separation between the stages and the camping, so you can wander with alcohol wherever you go!

If it can help:

https://backpacknstuff.wordpress.com/2015/12/13/sziget-festival-2015-services/

So basically you can drink all around camp and stage and it can be your own provided you get it in past security?.....but there is no official bring your own drink like Glasto.

Actually it's not true that music ends at 4-5 at A38 Stage, the music ends in both A38 and Colosseum at 5:55 am, so basically 6 in the morning. But if you go to the Sziget Beach area, where there's the Chill Out Tent, the chill out music still goes on (but not that loud).

Also, with a day ticket you can enter the island at 6am of that day and stay till the 8am of the day after, so it lasts 26 hours.

On 2/13/2016 at 4:48 AM, Uncle Liam said:

Hotel

Doesn't really matter, but you really want something on the Buda side. Batthany Ter is the metro station so somewhere near there is ideal. 

Both

Non existent almost

Music goes on all night on the smaller stages. A-38 which is the second stage finishes at 4 or 5 ish

Kicking out for Day visitors is 6am I think

Thank you! Just out of curiosity, how do they police kicking the day trippers out in the morning to make sure they don't stay for another day?