Sziget 2016

Zero_Newnab

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, StandFree1903 said:

Would people recommed a pre pitched tent, or would it be easy enough to buy one once you're over there?

Cheers

If you take a pre-pinched tent dont take it in the VIP camping. I saw em last year and they were all under the sun. Better in the Alternativa camping, I believe. Or you take you tent set and place it wherever you want. Or, as Noeliam said, go to the Auchan but beware because once was a perfect option, but last year the first day of festival all tents were sold out, so it's now an option only if you arrive before the festival starts.

A tent for 2 people (so you and your backpack) at the Auchan is like more or less 25€, a blanket  is so cheap, a good airbed around 15/20€ queen size. I chose to buy everything at Auchan between 2009 and 2012 and everything went perfect. Now, as I said, the risk of sold out is concrete as the festival's audience is increasing every year including people knowing they can buy everything there and travel lightly ;) 

Edited by ilbeyene

Hello, My girlfriend and I are eyeing up a festival abroad. She however, wants to get one of the wooden Hut things, are they worth it?

Also, does the music run for seven days or just 5? Originally ruled this festival out because of the dates however it now seems the most likely.

Edited by Hawky93

11 hours ago, Hawky93 said:

I take it the nightlife is good?

Yes, both at Sziget and in Budapest!

Also, surely The Weeknd is nailed on to headline one day?

They could play, headlining or not; 10 august in Austria and 12 in Switzerland with Rihanna.

The National are about a lot this year..  Caribou/ Weezer/ Pendulum would also be cracking additions.

Unfortunately, they are playing festival Eaux Claires (august 12-13) in the US (they also played last year, i think it's bon iver's festival) so it's unlikely.

10 hours ago, Hawky93 said:

Sorry for the multiple post,

How music is the alcohol / food inside the festival? And is there much variety? 

Thank you

Alcohol is varied and cheap (about 2e for a 0.5L beer; you can find a lot of international cuisine at Sziget, along with local food, but my favorite (and my friends) was the ~2e pizza slice that could be enough for a concert or two! I'm sending you a pm with a link :)

I love The National with all my heart but some reason I just can't see them as sziget headliners. 

In a world where Foals play before Ellie Goulding, Kasabian before Avicii and Kings of Leon are the 'guitar' headliner, i just don't see it.

I think there's a good chance they'll play though 

I have a feeling tomorrow we're gonna get something very big. Sziget Italia said "the main stage area will be very full" and usually Sziget Italia is the Sziget page that in its post says thing as they really are. It's the best Sziget page to me. Then I really hope for a "Werchter Sized" headliner.