Sound Levels...

Swine_Glasto2014

Then shift it about a bit. The new Arcadia area is piss poor and the worst placed for restrictions.

The Bristol event will either be a absolute success or fail badly. Now inbetween IMO

That means taking out The Common, Unfairground and Glasto Latino again to fit Arcadia back in the SE corner. And it's no bloody different, just when it was in the corner, you had no choice other than to be right in the middle of the soundfield. You were either in it, or couldn't get in the field at all.

Personally I'd stick Arcadia and the current Silver Hayes venues in the SE corner, let them run late and put the big dance acts on there. Then move Shangri-la up to where Silver Hayes is now and have more of a theatrical, adventurous but quieter vibe - Silver Hayes was running until 3/4am this year and while it probably wasn't loud enough for the music it was running, I reckon the noise restrictions in that area would be alright for something else.

Of course, the problem will be company politics and the Shangri-la guys won't want to give up their big stages/budget and all-night party license.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt go to Glastonbury when Arcadia used to be there but they had their smaller setup which wasnt nearly as visually impressive and as big a draw as the spider is.

It was much more better before. Even more visually imposing & impressive even on the smaller rig due to the location. 

It was much more better before. Even more visually imposing & impressive even on the smaller rig due to the location.

Exactly this...

Louder, more underground feel, could get right up on the balconies. The trucks driving through mad max style were fantastic.

I get the re shuffle and why it happened definitely, something had too give but it seems just as buzy, if not busier now it's gone.

Sound restrictions are destroying the club scene on a weekly basis.

I still don't understand how anyone can complain about the position or sound at Arcadia. We went every night this year and not once was it too crowded or too quiet. Brilliant, banging nights every time.

Adam Beter Friday was terrible and Altern8 might aswell had been playing on a hi-fi.

The flames are boring after half hour and again, going back in time, are nowhere near as powerful and consistent as 2010.

Granted, the landing show is phenomenal, they really have upped there game onnthat front. Half hour of that doesn't cut it tho, and it's down too restrictions.

Real shame

The flame jets were definitely upgraded - the big bursts looked like they went twenty feet higher and felt way hotter than last year

The surface mapping was better too I think. Do still love Arcadia, even if it has made paying for the typical club feel like a under rip off.

Edited by frostypaw

The flame jets were definitely upgraded - the big bursts looked like they went twenty feet higher and felt way hotter than last year

The surface mapping was better too I think. Do still love Arcadia, even if it has made paying for the typical club feel like a under rip off.

U think so?

The big bursts were huge but few and far between