See Coaches

rex

Also mixed reports, driver on my bus down from Manchester was new to the job, wanted to stop as he was running close to his break time, which is fair enough, fair enough not though when he tries to stop 15 mins from the coach park, in a lay by with no toilets and glaring sunshine, he was soon chased and despite some paranoid moans from him just took us to the festival

I was on this bus - may have been slightly guilty of giving the driver some 'encouragement' not to stop!

Well this is good reading.......

Didn't get a ticket this year so to be safe was planning on trying in the first coach sale! Fingers crossed if i do get a ticket I have better luck than most have had!

Edited by sisco

My coach on the way there was a shambles (Reading 12.30). There were supposed to be 3 coaches but they only sent 2, and then the drivers stood by each coach reading out names that were supposed to be on them individually, but it wasn't possible to hear both drivers. In the end I don't think they had enough seats and some people had to get off. Didn't leave until 1.40. Didn't have my coach ticket or ID checked at all either, they just called out names to hand out the tickets. After that getting there was fine though.

The way back (7.30) the driver was driving pretty erratically, if I wasn't so tired I'd have been a bit scared. He also stopped at services twice which seemed unnecessary, and I wouldn't be surprised if some people got left behind at our first stop! Tried to take us back to the motorway services in reading instead of the station though, he was oblivious that see tickets had seen sense and changed it, until he was told by those of us on the coach..

I have a different take on things... I have no issues with the coach, ours did park in the wrong bay at Sheffield coach station which did mean we left an hour late but I was still onsite for 3pmish which is the time I would have got there if I was driving and yes, they did go to the drop off place rather than the coach station but the people on the gate did mention that Glastonbury office failed to tell Seecoaches about the changes and had told them to go to the drop off areas.

I wouldn't be to harsh on the coach drivers, Seecoaches outsource all this to the cheapest company, which is why I had coaches from Leicestershire in Sheffield to take me to and from Glastonbury. It is just another job - NE also outsource due to the sheer volume of people wanting a coach home. 

Legally - they have to take a break, I would much rather them take a 45 minute break than them get tired and crash the bus.

Usually, I would happily complain but I find it difficult when the coach is how I managed to get a ticket to the best festival in the world!

Don't they need to take those breaks very seriously for legal reasons?

I agree, no one protested actually stopping, but he had many opportunities to stop a long time before he did, and I think, by law, you may have to stop at a place with toilets, I'm not certain but I had heard it mentioned

Reading 14:30 didn't leave until 15:00 as three passengers got off the train at Reading West instead Reading Main station.

Driver was a gent, gave out the tickets once seated & checked off our names as we went along... hence why he knew three were missing.

Stopped off in a lay by at the side of the motorway for a toilet stop, other than that it we sailed into Glastonbury.

Coming back I managed to get an early coach as it wasn't full. 

My coach from Bristol at 07:30 on Thursday, went smoothly (apart from there being no room in the luggage bay by the time I arrived), and the 06:30 back to Bristol also went smoothly.....

the fact that i booked my flight to Glasgow for the 30th instead of the 29th was entirely my fault. a £200 train home ensures I won't make that mistake again.