Should the permit be increased to allow more people?

crazyguy

As memories are returning I am realising something kinda sad

I think, asides from nice efests folk at the meet, I only had one random conversation this year. There weren't many last year but still a good smattering. Got some blank stares which is new.

It still feels like home, but rather like someone else has moved in to the room in the corner and is having a massive party with their cool mates from london a lot of whom seem to have just come to watch.

Won't stop me next year, has changed my plans though.

You started conversations, and people weren't replying? :/

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, people who own campervans year round is one thing. But people hiring these expensive luxury winnegao things just for glastonbury weekend? that's the same as glamping in my eye.

For the avoidance of doubt we didn't hire a Winnebago. That, I would agree, tends towards glamping rather than vanning (is that a word?). It was a pretty standard Bessecar motor home thing. We can't afford to buy one though I'd quite like to as we'd be able to use it at other times. We keep looking for something affordable to buy but no luck yet.

If anyone walked from super furry animals towards the other, then I hope you'd agree that crowd management needs to be looked at seriously. Bit scary at points

That's the route I took and I left SFA before the rush of the crowd from the Park - tons coming towards us from that way up towards Park/Arcadia, was mental in places especially when the bins appeared from what seemed like nowhere!

All part of the fun though I got caught in one going from John Peel through Silver Hayes (crowd stopped both sides to allow coaches through then they let everyone go same time!) I did 3/4 360's via my bag got caught on someone and we were all shoving was quite fun!

It surprised me that much too!

There were people that just smiled and turned away - still had a few nice chats but that was new.

I'd have chatted to you mate, I tried this myself as I spent most of the daytime alone and got pretty much the same as you did!

I'd have chatted to you mate, I tried this myself as I spent most of the daytime alone and got pretty much the same as you did!

I was never alone in 03 when I virtually went alone, couldn't go anywhere without ending up chatting with the people around

That's probably a little nostalgia, I've had an absolute shedload of chats since but they've definitely changed

If you do see me say hi, I'm not subtle usually

The idea of being surrounded by people who would actively pay money not to have to mix with us lower orders makes me shudder.

I do Navy training sometimes with Army (who guard our ships at port + stick) & if unlucky with the RM so I love roughing it, more of a community spirit. Less getting shouted at unless you have the boom box up to 11 playing gabba DnB.

I'd love to play a bit of Andy C in a warfield as a distraction.

Edited by Couchy