The elusive flushing toilets

Koroviev

And on the menstruation thing. Has anyone seen the stickers in the loos about Moon Cups? There slogan is "you can stop using tampons" what are they? So birds just time it right n dribble it into a cup?

It's a rubber (silicon? something like that) cup you shove up inside that collects all the gunk. It's reusable and not much more difficult to use than a tampon. Ironically the last place I would use one is a festival as there's nowhere to clean it properly.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Big Ground camper too ever since my mate discovered the fishing loos by accident one year. It was a glorious revelation and we haven't moved since... 

It's a rubber (silicon? something like that) cup you shove up inside that collects all the gunk. It's reusable and not much more difficult to use than a tampon. Ironically the last place I would use one is a festival as there's nowhere to clean it properly.

Gross

Fishing loo's aye? I'll take a rod this year then.

Heh! Indeed. Just make sure you take the right bait - the fish can be picky...

Definitely the long drops for me - a truly marvellous invention that I would recommend to any newbie. The first time can be a bit of a shock to any delicate senses but really its fine. Just don't look down to much and enjoy outdoor life on the farm!!

The thing that disturbs me most is that there isn't any alcohol in toilet duck.  Meths would be much more understandable...

This Material Safety Data Sheet from the makers of Toilet Duck indicates the presence of alcohols within it;

http://www.scjohnson.ca/msds/Duck_Liquid_E.pdf

I agree that meths would probably have been a better alternative but that would have meant leaving her flat. If he was prepared to do that he could probably have just bought some bona fide booze from somewhere.

• 1 year later...

I have been unreliably informed by an unverified source on Feacebook that the flushing toilets may not be where they usually are this year. Can anyone confirm?! Say it ain't so!

I don't know, I'm trying to follow it up - it has a real bearing on where I camp, this could throw my entire ritual into turmoil! 

12 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

They arent on the map, I noticed t'other day in another thread about toilets. Doesnt mean they arent there though does it?

Does seem the 'T' on the latest map is missing - I wonder whether the slamming doors were disrupting anyone in that area or whether the space has been repurposed...

I have it confirmed from a chap who helps run the church tent that in his last meeting the festival staff said the flushing loos will no longer be there! Shitter!

4 minutes ago, HerrJAH said:

So, do we stick with Big Ground? I have history with the place!

They were a fairly large reason for arriving early on Wednesday to try to squeeze in there...

Edit: Next they'll try hiding the piano bar!

Edited by p.pete

9 minutes ago, HerrJAH said:

I have it confirmed from a chap who helps run the church tent that in his last meeting the festival staff said the flushing loos will no longer be there! Shitter!

Any murmurs where they might get moved to if still onsite?

On June 15, 2015 at 2:01 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I seem to remember some composting toilets to the left of the Pyramid Stage , but might be mistaken on this because I'm now thinking it was to the left of The Cider Bus. Can anybody clarify?

There are some in between the Cider Bus and Pyramid Stage.