Foxygen

majormajormajor

Saw them last night in London - completely bonkers, manic gig. No real way to describe it. They're playing Roskilde so there's a pretty decent chance they'll be at Glastonbury.

Anyone else like them? The last album wasn't so good, but the first two are superb.

This is a kind of toned down version of what they're like live, ridiculous amounts of energy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T943KTBi7q4

Really love Foxygen. Would be pleased if they were added to the lineup but looking at their dates they are down for Roskilde from 27th June to 3rd July? That would mean they'd have to do the Friday? Saying that, they seem to be playing both Primavera Barcelona and Strom Munich on the same day (27th May), so who knows what they are capable of.

They're the dates of the whole Roskilde festival, they aren't playing every day.

Here's hoping!

That's what I thought initially, I just found it strange that they would have all the dates on their website, unless of course their actual date hasn't been set yet so they are just place holders. Thinking about it again, that sounds most logical. I hope you are right anyway!

I was also there last night and though I agree it was bonkers I'm not sure if that was in a particularly good way. The dancing and all that was fun, but as my short friend pointed out, it was pretty shit when she couldn't see. I thought the setlist was weird, no How Can You Really was a disappointment (I don't think I've ever seen a band not play the lead single from their latest album) and I don't know what the point of that skipping version of San Fransisco they played over the PA while doing some kind of intermission was. And the little skits? They were just weird.

Felt like they prioritised doing a crazy, upbeat show over just playing their best music. Which could have been fine for a shorter set, maybe, but tbh I was getting a bit annoyed with it by the end. I'll still watch them if they play though, it wasn't bad I just know it could've been better.

This is their last tour as well, isn't it? Think I remember seeing that they were disbanding after this one. Correct me if I'm wrong!

i think they're just disbanding their 'Star Power' alter-egos that they created for this album, rather than Foxygen splitting themselves

loved their last album but the new one was a bit of a overlong mess