Pukkelpop 2015

SoLoCo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Ellie Goulding is one of the reasons why I see Bastille as the only possible headliner of that day. Several nr 1 hits + quickly sold out arena show in Belgium, surely she's not going to get the same spot as Jake Bugg and Janelle Monae last year?

If Ellie gets the same spot than Janelle and Jake Bugg (4th down), we should wait a band TBA between Ellie and Bastille?

If Ellie gets the same spot than Janelle and Jake Bugg (4th down), we should wait a band TBA between Ellie and Bastille?

All depends if they react to the criticism of the line up and in particular the placing of Bastille as headliner. Personally I think they won't give a shit and it'll stay as we think.

A EDM's DJ could be a headliner because during Pukkelpop there is lake festival in austria with guetta,avicii,harris,hardwell and many more. in the line-up we can see others djs who can play at pukkelpop ( like borgore ) but not like headliner.

===> http://www.lake-festival.at/

Netsky is already closing main stage that day, so we shouldn't expect any more big dance acts there. That being said, those Lake Festival headliners are already playing Tomorrowland.

I guess we'll get new names (and the headliner) tomorrow or Tuesday, in order to boost ticket sales?

Netsky is already closing main stage that day, so we shouldn't expect any more big dance acts there. That being said, those Lake Festival headliners are already playing Tomorrowland.

I guess we'll get new names (and the headliner) tomorrow or Tuesday, in order to boost ticket sales?

Hopefully we will.

Just as some info for me as we are considering going but never been so obviously need a bit of consideration and what not, how quickly do tickets sell out? And is it alright camping there or should we get a flat/room? Seems like quite a few of people on this thread don't camp and just get rooms in hotels as I've read on the earlier pages, I was just wondering why i.e. just comfort or are there specific reasons.

Hopefully we will.

Just as some info for me as we are considering going but never been so obviously need a bit of consideration and what not, how quickly do tickets sell out? And is it alright camping there or should we get a flat/room? Seems like quite a few of people on this thread don't camp and just get rooms in hotels as I've read on the earlier pages, I was just wondering why i.e. just comfort or are there specific reasons.

Because we're old :-)

That is part of it, when you reach a certain age you want your creature comforts

Staying in Hasselt is part of the trip for me. Such a great place. I'd happily spend a weekend there without the festival being on. Everyone is mega friendly and the standard of food & drinks is very high. We spend the afternoon boozing in Hasselt and normally head up to the site mid afternoon.

Because we're old :-)

That is part of it, when you reach a certain age you want your creature comforts

Staying in Hasselt is part of the trip for me. Such a great place. I'd happily spend a weekend there without the festival being on. Everyone is mega friendly and the standard of food & drinks is very high. We spend the afternoon boozing in Hasselt and normally head up to the site mid afternoon.

Fair enough :) We are considering like a week trip in Belgium with PKP being the weekend so knowing Hasselt is a great place is good news.

The hotels do get booked up pretty quickly (we booked ours in October) and its generally only the dearer ones that have availability now. Worth keeping an eye out for cancellations at the cheaper hotels though.

You get free shuttle buses to and from the site to hasselt train station. We normally get a taxi there and shuttle bus back.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

I'm pretty sure we'll get some names before Wednesday but not convinced it will include the Saturday headliner. It would be a risky move to put tickets on sale without one but if they've got the band that Glasto and some other fests haven't been able to announce then PKP will have to wait to announce them too. If that's not the case and they just announce someone who is already 'out there', then it makes you wonder why there was a delay? Perhaps it will be someone high up on the RW bill or maybe they're struggling because a deal fell through?

Could be a fantastic or disappointing week of announcements for me - got Saturday tickets for Radio 1's Big Weekend and the line up for that comes out tomorrow.

Glastonbury, in my opinion, have got Fleetwood Mac. They are an Isle of Wight festival exclusive and will only be announces once the IOW festival has finished. The only other scenario I could see would be Blur, with them having stepped in at the last minute when a more grand plan didn't come off.

According to a newspaper the Evil Superstars one off reunion and the Mauro curating thing is happening. Best lineup announcement so far for me!

Which also implies new names coming today or tomorrow.

Edit: Pukkelpop reacted on the Evil Superstars rumour by saying 'new names this week'

Edited by Dietediet

According to a newspaper the Evil Superstars one off reunion and the Mauro curating thing is happening. Best lineup announcement so far for me!

Which also implies new names coming today or tomorrow.

Edit: Pukkelpop reacted on the Evil Superstars rumour by saying 'new names this week'

This is the article were the info comes from: http://www.hbvl.be/cnt/dmf20150420_01638494/reunie-evil-superstars-op-pukkelpop

Using google translator, it says that this band (I've never heard about them) will play on Saturday, but NOT in the Main Stage and not closing any stage.

Maybe Dietediet can help us, getting the info from it more accurately, but it seems that says that we will get more names tomorrow.

Edited by johnybegood

Google translate was mostly right:

- Evil Superstars will play, but no main stage or a stage closer on their own request

- A paragraph on how Evil Superstars' goodbye show was at Pukkelpop

- A local musician hero will curate a stage each day. Next to Mauro Pawlowski, Stijn Meuris has also been confirmed. The third one they don't know yet.

- New names tomorrow

Evil Superstars consists of Mauro Pawlowski and Tim Vanhamel, and they were rather influentual in the 90s alternative scene. For instance: Matthew Bellamy admitted that Supermassive Black Hole was an attempt to write an Evil Superstars song, and one of their singles is featured in Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels.

Btw, not unimportant: the Mauro Pawlowski curating + Evil Superstars reunion was said by that guy in the other forums, in the same post where he says that there will be some changes to the stages...

Maybe there'll be one stage/tent dedicated to these curators.

Fingers crossed for a Soulwax curated day. Could have Soulwax, Juan MacLean, Museum of Love, 2manydjs and Despacio day!

Edited by DiscothequeDave

Maybe there'll be one stage/tent dedicated to these curators.

Fingers crossed for a Soulwax curated day. Could have Soulwax, Juan MacLean, Museum of Love, 2manydjs and Despacio day!

Unfortunately, Soulwax aren't locals. I'm guessing it'll be Tim Vanhamel. He and Mauro Pawlowski are the main figures in that Evil Superstars project, and he's probably the local with the biggest musical feats (not counting DJs), considering he's a founding member of Eagles Of Death Metal and he toured the world supporting Foo Fighters/QOTSA/Muse with his other project.

Unfortunately, Soulwax aren't locals. I'm guessing it'll be Tim Vanhamel. He and Mauro Pawlowski are the main figures in that Evil Superstars project, and he's probably the local with the biggest musical feats (not counting DJs), considering he's a founding member of Eagles Of Death Metal and he toured the world supporting Foo Fighters/QOTSA/Muse with his other project.

Ah well, I can but dream. With the emphasis being on the 'local' this could be a change to the Wablief? Tent?

Ah well, I can but dream. With the emphasis being on the 'local' this could be a change to the Wablief? Tent?

I'm not sure, since Wablief has always been about Belgian acts. Although we can be sure that the curating is about the Wablief (or whatever it will be this year).

If they're up for announcing the curating stuff tomorrow, I figure they'll also release some info regarding the stages.