NOS Alive Festival 2015, formerly Optimus Alive!

5co77ie

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11709485_10153843323360715_2898025448623

Someone posted this in the comments of a nosalive-facebook post. Looks like someone took a photo of one of the flyers. They haven´t published the timetable officially yet, but I think this could be it. Doesn´t look too bad for me personally: No Flume-Muse and Chromeo-Disclosure clashes. But I hope I can watch both Future Islands and The Prodigy.

Very excited for next week :)

11709485_10153843323360715_2898025448623

Someone posted this in the comments of a nosalive-facebook post. Looks like someone took a photo of one of the flyers. They haven´t published the timetable officially yet, but I think this could be it. Doesn´t look too bad for me personally: No Flume-Muse and Chromeo-Disclosure clashes. But I hope I can watch both Future Islands and The Prodigy.

Very excited for next week :)

Cheers for that ! Pretty much no clashes at all for me, that has to be a first :-)  Gonna be a late finish on the sat night, two of my fav's flight facilities and chromeo b2b 1.30am and 3am respectively ;-P

PDF available here now -

https://cloud.ein.pt/index.php/s/s8G7AkGV97rdwXD

Edited by redstar99

Hi Guys!

Flying out wednesday and can't wait! We're getting a train into lisboa-oriente station, any idea how much a taxi to the campsite will be or which bus we can get? I think its a 705 but am unsure. Also on the wednesday can we go straight to the campsite or do we have to go to the festival site first and pick up our wristband? Wanna know where we should be getting a taxi to!

Thanks xxx

Hi Guys!

Flying out wednesday and can't wait! We're getting a train into lisboa-oriente station, any idea how much a taxi to the campsite will be or which bus we can get? I think its a 705 but am unsure. Also on the wednesday can we go straight to the campsite or do we have to go to the festival site first and pick up our wristband? Wanna know where we should be getting a taxi to!

Thanks xxx

Hi, just go straight to the campsite, you get your wristband when you check in. Taxi was around €15 last year from airport so should be cheaper or similar to this, but make sure you have the full campsite address available as our taxi driver had no idea where it was last year!

@broken monkey ... Pretty much zero time between stages - just enough for acoustics not to clash. The site as a whole is pretty small.

That's great to know, thanks!

Can't wait to get out there now that we know the time splits - very little in terms of clashes for me either although the wife wants to see Sam Smith and myself Mogwai. 

Yeah the missus also wants to see Mr Smith. He was on last year in the Heineken tent and pretty popular and almost unknown at the time. Unfortunately id have dragged her to most things the thurs / fri so gonna have to play along, I could quite happily skip the whole of Saturday !!

Assuming same layout as 2014 the gstar raw is a bandstand - well worth a look.

An additional bonus, last year they had stacks of table soccer tables surrounded by pick n mixes.

And everything within the arena is pretty bloody cheap - and Lisbon as a whole. Came back last year with plenty of euros, and didn't want for anything whilst out there.

Yeah the missus also wants to see Mr Smith. He was on last year in the Heineken tent and pretty popular and almost unknown at the time. Unfortunately id have dragged her to most things the thurs / fri so gonna have to play along, I could quite happily skip the whole of Saturday !!

Assuming same layout as 2014 the gstar raw is a bandstand - well worth a look.

An additional bonus, last year they had stacks of table soccer tables surrounded by pick n mixes.

And everything within the arena is pretty bloody cheap - and Lisbon as a whole. Came back last year with plenty of euros, and didn't want for anything whilst out there.

Informative and reassuring... Nice one!

How much are the litres of beer? Around the 6-7 euro mark?

I don't recall paying above €4 for a large beer anywhere - in Lisbon, on festival site, at hotels. I may be wrong but sure it was just €3.50 at site. And it's cash, no tokens - and didn't wait longer than 2 minutes ever for a beer. They also have heaps of workers with back pack beer kegs (though they only sell halves - and for the price if a large one!) handy if your near the front though amongst the swarms.

Edited by martinpa

I'm guessing this fest is cheap based on the lineups they pull together?.

This has a much better line up than Glasto (for me) and it's easier to get to see more bands....the weather isn't bad either! :) staying dry and in a t shirt all weekend, imagine that. I can't wait!!

Yeah, feel it's perfect this year for me too - have just moved jobs and wanted an easier holiday that I could mix with some gaurenteed sunshine and music. Happy just to see 3/4 acts a night and without the little stresses that Glastonbury brings (ie driving, weather, camping, etc)

Don't get me wrong, I'm very hopeful of glasto tickets next year and looking forward to returning (was hell watching on TV this year). In the meantime, this is perfect! 4 days to go!!

Think I paid €89 for an early bird ticket, so it's very good value for money.

Kind of my point, you only need to like two of the big headliners and the rest of the lineup isn't an issue as it's kind of free. I guess you can't moan for the money, certainly one of the poorest personally in Europe this year though.