The example debate !

Guest ramragon

Some of you will realise this and some may not,and I ain't having a go at any one individual on these forums or anywhere else ,but a good proportion of people who go to festivals and make these comments don't know a lot about music or festivals,they only go because it's fashionable and the in thing to do,I've read comments saying "Example who's he" or "never heard of him" which I think just about proves my point.

There will be loads more added, I would guess in the next month or so you'll get a daily breakdown by stage but it will be subject to change. I would guess a majority of the big names are out now but the card will be fill up a bit with up and coming acts

I would agree with that, amazed me how many people posted "who ?", even if you'd hidden under a rock I'm sure you would have come across either his music or him on one of his numerous tv appearances before. I wasn't sure if it was people just taking the lash !

Must be me on my own perhaps but I think Example is a great booking. I'm not a fan but expect him to put on a great show and have my kids and wife dancing and singing along to finish our weekend on a high. Maybe not a James (probably unrepeatable) high but expecting more than a thoroughly disappointing Primal Scream closure last year.

No festival that only really tries to book 6-8 acts that are known/big? rather than up and coming will please everyone especially when the audience is so eclectic.

I'm a bit stunned to be honest that with the headliners being Suede, Turner and Example most of the grief seems to be about the latter.

Hes ok. was hoping for so much better, seen him a couple of times at V and had the joy of taking my teenage daughter and her mate to see him at the M>E>N. Energetic and not bad tunes, but could have done with a nice indie close to the festival this year, saw James there a couple of years ago and that will stay with me for a long time!!

This is our first ever festival and yes I am a bit of an late bloomer. I am thrilled with the Example headliner this is awesome news because I was desperately disappointed with Suede I didn't like em back in the day.

Most of all I am looking forward to the atmosphere, the experience and the hangover.

They're miserable bug*ers on facebook anyway.

Peace n love.

Hello daz and ourannie, welcome to the kendal forum.

You'll have a good time at kendal Annie, you've chosen a decent one for your first time, not too big to get around, decent line up in good surroundings. Once you've been to one it'll be a regular thing no doubt. Don't get too hung up on the main stage headliners, there's plenty of other stages and stuff to see.

I would have enjoyed an indie headliner or more of a legend for the Sunday as well, I've decided I'm probably gonna head for the calling out tent because either Jimi Goodwin or Frightened Rabbit are on, both much more my scene.

I'm quite underwhelmed with the main stage as a whole this year. Maybe that's because I'm in my mid forties and hence out of touch but my kids, who'll be 18 and 15 by the time we get there, aren't that bothered about Example either. This'll be our 5th year there and we all feel this is the most low key line up yet. At least the kids are happy about Frank Turner but the missus and I have no interest in him at all.

They have plenty of customers my age and I think there's less for us old folks than usual. Let's face it, Suede weren't all that huge in their time either.

Rant over, I've loved the previous 4 years and I'll love this one too. Might try and reserve a table in Tim Peaks for the whole weekend. There's always been fascinating stuff going on in there.