48hrs? very soon? no line up news

Guest sinc72

Think it was Clint Boon that said that their could be an announcement in the next 48 hours or so and to keep checking. Don't know if that was his perception of the situation or whether he was told that.

However bands drop out and line ups change so you might find that who they had planned pulled out and they're currently having to rebook a headliner.

KC have never been the most prompt at putting announcements out but im sure it'll b on its way soon.

With luck !

Edited by ramragon

I think the pay monthly option has been very successful for them, it appeals to a lot of people and meant theyd sold loads of tickets before theyd even released any line up info.

People are getting more used to the trickle of line up information, its the same every year.

The line up was due out in Feb last year, they managed to rush one out on the last day of Feb but like most years it was only a partial line up. The full announcement is normally released over 3 to 4 announcements and I can't see them wanting to keep the headliner secret for that long, before end of March I reckon

I think the pay monthly option has been very successful for them, it appeals to a lot of people and meant theyd sold loads of tickets before theyd even released any line up info.

People are getting more used to the trickle of line up information, its the same every year.

Agreed. If ....they have already sold 75% of tickets they must be way ahead of last year at this point. The success of the monthly scheme means they can " afford " to hold off with the announcement and see who becomes available and maybe get a bargain. As long as they don`t take the piss ( I don`t think they will ) and think " the money is in anyway so lets book 3 cheapos " then this has been a good plan all round. They will deliver on a 3rd headliner and the usual strong undercard. If they didn`t how many would sign up for the monthly scheme next year with so many options out there ?

p.s. I know Suede wouldn`t have been THAT cheap but if they did scrimp on the 3rd headliner there would be a backlash I reckon.

Edited by Flaminglippy