Not sold out, why?

SERRIDGER

Rumour has it overall ticket sales are less than 40,000 so far. Worrying times for the organisers poor ticket sales this year will affect next years line up

One of the reasons they are struggling this year is line-up, it would be a mistake to spend lesson next years. Acts like Justin Timberlake should be avoided, they may be popular in the chart but that doesn't mean people want to see them at a festival.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still not sold out, I wonder why?

1. Crap line up. Let's not kids ourselves, it's weak.

2. Overpriced tickets. You can't expect people to pay £200 just because its V. Bringthevibe and all that nonsense. You can 'bring the vibe' any where you go with your mates for less than that.

V got too cocky. Well this year they've been found out. Must try harder Bob!

I still will probably go but I'll be able to get a ticket for a tenner at this rate lol.

Still not sold out, I wonder why?

1. Crap line up. Let's not kids ourselves, it's weak.

2. Overpriced tickets. You can't expect people to pay £200 just because its V. Bringthevibe and all that nonsense. You can 'bring the vibe' any where you go with your mates for less than that.

V got too cocky. Well this year they've been found out. Must try harder Bob!

I still will probably go but I'll be able to get a ticket for a tenner at this rate lol.

I don't think it's too weak. I wouldn't want to see either headliner but the under card isn't too bad. No where's line up this year is amazing really

quite

would be interested to see how Reading or Wireless' ticket sales hold up against V at this stage.

A lot of R&L regulars I know ain't going this year because they said the line ups weak. Problem now days is bands your so much you've probably got ticks to see them in the year, then they appear at a fest with someone else you've got ticks to see so what's the point

If Glasto has a relatively weak line up compared to the size of the line up (dont know how) then maybe it shows that the bands available at the point are more limited than other years. V probably wont sell out, but I doubt Wireless will with its second site, or R&L selling out with Jake Bugg subbing and the rest of the line up, or IOW with its line up. People complain too much about the way festivals are going but maybe its just a paradigm shift, out with the old bands in with the new type

quite

would be interested to see how Reading or Wireless' ticket sales hold up against V at this stage.

Would imagine R&L wont sell well either. Guessing the Arctic Monkeys day tickets will sell out but cant see the others doing so.

Wireless is actually selling well in London im led to believe (unsure on the other site)

I actually think some of the undercard is pretty good for V, however im also pretty sure that a lot of people when considering paying near 200 for a weekend or 100 for a day are doing so 90% based on the headliners. Some1 made a great point above, Justin Timberlake is a massive artist but if u look around his crowds would most of them go to a festival, probably not. Im also a massive Killers fan but again i can see why people arent taken by them (again).

For me i hope it continues to sell bad, might mean there are some deals/cheap tickets about closer to the time

Wireless in London has sold out Drake's day but not Kanye's. I would have thought people would have bought Kanye's day but maybe I overestimated his draw and pull power. I am on the shortlist for volunteering with Big Green Coaches for wireless at Birmingham but if I dont get in I may still buy a Kanye day ticket as Tinie Tempah and Pharrell are that day, or may save the money and not go

Didn't Wireless sell out last year with JT's residency or did I imagine that

eFests says it sold out so im guessing it did

Possibly, but basically central london and although the name states festival, its not!

still a major music event, over multiple days, which JT headlined, and sold out, so on that basis saying "Nobody wants to see JT at one of these things" looks a bit daft

not central london btw, east.

Will there be plenty of tickets going nearer the time for much cheaper? £200 is a bit pricey, despite there (surprisingly) being quite a few acts on the bill I'd like to see

at this rate they'll pretty much be begging you to come

still a major music event, over multiple days, which JT headlined, and sold out, so on that basis saying "Nobody wants to see JT at one of these things" looks a bit daft

not central london btw, east.

at this rate they'll pretty much be begging you to come

I suppose quoting me when i didnt say that actually looks slightly dafter?

I wonder, if ticket sales are that bad will they be forced to bring in another few 'big' headline acts?

It's a good point. Or go the other way and book less acts/facilities? Lose a stage or two?

40,000 is not much - especially when the loyal lot have already purchased and the fans of the bands have already got theirs. They need to pull something out the bag but what exactly can they do?? The big acts are set in contract.

I remember last year when sonisphere and hop farm were cancelled and Neil suggested there was something bigger on the horizon which never happened. Could it have been V or Leeds struggling and being in danger? What would it take for such an expensively assembled festival to be in trouble?

It's a good point. Or go the other way and book less acts/facilities? Lose a stage or two?

40,000 is not much - especially when the loyal lot have already purchased and the fans of the bands have already got theirs. They need to pull something out the bag but what exactly can they do?? The big acts are set in contract.

I remember last year when sonisphere and hop farm were cancelled and Neil suggested there was something bigger on the horizon which never happened. Could it have been V or Leeds struggling and being in danger? What would it take for such an expensively assembled festival to be in trouble?

Cant see either of the festivals in danger of going off the map. V has new majority owners, they must have seen something worth buying so I doubt they would cancel it

One of the reasons they are struggling this year is line-up, it would be a mistake to spend lesson next years. Acts like Justin Timberlake should be avoided, they may be popular in the chart but that doesn't mean people want to see them at a festival.

JT is the biggest draw for me out of the acts there, but each to their own

One bloke' s heard a rumour about 40,000 ticket sales, no HP

Doesn't make it a fact

That same bloke has had correct info about the festival ever since i have been a member so i take his comments a lot more seriously than the ramblings of most on here

Will there be plenty of tickets going nearer the time for much cheaper? £200 is a bit pricey, despite there (surprisingly) being quite a few acts on the bill I'd like to see

Wait nearer the time. Tickets seem to always be below face value in the week before V. I got a camping one in 2011 for £120.

I don't think it's too weak. I wouldn't want to see either headliner but the under card isn't too bad. No where's line up this year is amazing really

Take a look a previous line ups, its weak. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_Festival You even say " No where's line up this year is amazing really" says it all really. Music at the moment is pretty pants. I'm sure they'll be something big around the corner.

Take a look a previous line ups, its weak. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_Festival You even say " No where's line up this year is amazing really" says it all really. Music at the moment is pretty pants. I'm sure they'll be something big around the corner.

No wheres line up in the UK is a stand out amazing line up, but V has the best line up for me and my choice of acts I want to see. Add Passenger in and maybe someone else that would play early afternoon and I would be set all day hopefully. Comparing this years to previous years there are still the same number or more from this years line up I would want to see if there were no clashes

Think v announcing day splits earlier than previously said adds fuel to the poor ticket sales comment. I've always said, no matter what ticket you buy you sort of want an idea of who your going to see, if 1 day is guitar based and 1 day pop based I wouldn't buy a weekend ticket