looking for party people to share the experience

Guest newk

Hi,

I'm going to glasto 2014 alone but would like to share the experience and therefore would like to start an informal group.

Not saying we'll be attached to each other just that there's a group we can all meet up with throughout the festival.

If you are in the same situation please get in touch.

Hey, I'm in much the same boat, coming down by coach on the Wednesday early afternoon. I'd be up for making an informal group for occasional group-based revelry.

I'm planning on camping in Webb's ash if there's still space there by the time I arrive, though otherwise I'd consider any fairly central location.

I don't think anyone should be worried - a few friends sat down near the meeting point just to have a smoke and before I could get the lighter out a group of five strangers started chatting - they were local traders and we sat and talked about the old days - we were then asked back to their crew camp site for a drink - things like that happen all the time at Glastonbury.
its not like travelling on a London tube as people will talk to each other.
there will be board meetings organised closer to the time - have never been to any as I am working at it but I do know some who have attended and they met lots of people.
sure organise if you can but the odds are you will not need to.

You'll never be alone at Glastonbury - unless you want to be. Just say hello to your neighbours - maybe offer a coffee or a drink and by the end of the fest you could well be lifelong friends.

Edited by grumpyhack

• 2 weeks later...

A bit of me is quite jealous of newbies. I took one round last year and the constant look of amazement on her face was a joy to behold.

Now, as a veteran I still get those tingles of excitement - catching the first sight of the Tor as we approach, the smell of wood smoke wafting over the site, walking up to the Stoned Circle without turning round until I get to the top etc. and it feels like coming home.

But it's nothing like that very first experience of Glastonbury.

To newbies I say, read the posts on here and look forward to meeting up with so many friendly people.

I went alone last year, first time and it was incredible, there was times though were it would have been nice to have some of friends from home to share the good times with!going back this year with my sister and a few friends so you could defiantly hang with us, as others have said your never alone at Glastonbury, I meet some great people by just sitting down and not being shy to kick start a conversation, then headed of to explore by myself!

• 3 months later...

Hi its my first time this year... im going to be alone, first ever festival and a bit overwhelmed by the size of it.... any tips? hopefully once i have a map in hand ill be able to find my way somewhere.

Is anyone else going to be on there own and fancy grouping up? I plan to end up in the dance tent all night, bands in the day.

Wow, been trying to get tickets with friends for the past couple of years but they gave up so I'm alone this year. I'm worried about getting camped but since watching these posts encouraged that I will meet up with people to share the experience.I am so excited. Been to Reading for years but this..................