First announcement for 2014

Guest Fareham Grecian

I think, if anything, this "new regime", if it is in place has been for the past couple of years that has seen far more eclectic line-ups than the Americana-heavy line-ups of the past. I have no fear.

This is still a 10,000 punter festival, so the big chart hitters are unlikely to be bothering the stages.

Pleased don't read too much into my conversation with Steven Adams. It's all speculation.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that's interesting - have Simon/Sophia handed over the reins?

(Not read this thread for a while).

As far as I'm aware, Sophia is no longer involved on any day-to-day basis (I have a feeling she might still be a director or something, but I'm not sure) while Simon is still involved but with more than just one new person alongside him (something like that, anyway).

That situation existed long before the 2013 festival, from what i remember.

Edited by eFestivals

re Handing Over The Reins

Sofia is still a director, married the guy from Diagrams and moved to Sheffield where she is promoting gigs and last seen working in Waterstones

A fourth director was added to EoTR last year, James Drummond aka Viscount Strathallen.

Simon has been seen in Clearwater Florida, possibly doing courses at the brand new Superpower Building/Church which would account for the delay in an announcement.

Beck may still play EoTR, what about Amanda Palmer too?

Still hoping for Unknown Mortal Orchestra

Edited by GeorgelogVIII

re Handing Over The Reins

Sofia is still a director, married the guy from Diagrams and moved to Sheffield where she is promoting gigs and last seen working in Waterstones

A fourth director was added to EoTR last year, James Drummond aka Viscount Strathallen.

Simon has been seen in Clearwater Florida, possibly doing courses at the brand new Superpower Building/Church which would account for the delay in an announcement.

Beck may still play EoTR, what about Amanda Palmer too?

Still hoping for Unknown Mortal Orchestra

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it's all that sinister to be honest. The early announcements in the past were probably to build a foundation of punters on which to book subsequent artists. They're selling early bird tickets in record time now and are well into the tier 2 ticket sales. They've got that foundation without a single artist being announced and this is all on returning punters, word of mouth and award recognition.

Of course, the suspense is killing me, but I have no worries about them putting on another spectacular bill. I've bought my tickets, after all, based on what's come before.

With all that, an announcement tomorrow would be preferable please!

Good points but early birds and early tickets were sold on the assumption that nothing had changed. Nobody knows how many tickets are in each tier do they? It could be only 100 for all I know. I bought my tickets on trust too, and I cannot imagine it being sinister either. If they were waiting for a big signing then why not announce other acts?

Good points but early birds and early tickets were sold on the assumption that nothing had changed. Nobody knows how many tickets are in each tier do they? It could be only 100 for all I know. I bought my tickets on trust too, and I cannot imagine it being sinister either. If they were waiting for a big signing then why not announce other acts?