R+L New Band Listener Thread - 2014 Edition

Guest dentalplan

Good shout with Dead Sons, they sound great

How many people on here like Twenty One Pilots? They played last year, and don't know how big a crowd they they got, but they've sold out the Manchester Academy for their upcoming tour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92XVwY54h5k

Manchester Academy 3, which is a very small room I think.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good shout with Dead Sons, they sound great

How many people on here like Twenty One Pilots? They played last year, and don't know how big a crowd they they got, but they've sold out the Manchester Academy for their upcoming tour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92XVwY54h5k

I went to see them. The crowd was alright for a mid afternoon slot, full to the two tent poles at leeds in the fr tent and a few behind that sporadically. Filled up the longer the set went on.

Their performance was excellent though. Absolutely tons of entry and easily one of the best acts of the weekend. Really won all of the crowd over and just about every one in there was into it clapping jumping bouncing, holding the singer up during all at the request of the band.

If only more acts would put as much energy into performances instead of going through the motions.

I actually do like Twenty One Pilots. I didn't at first. But it changed after I saw them live.

There was discussion on The Lineup 2014 thread the other day about Royal Blood only releasing 3 songs, so I thought I'd put this on here....Obviously not a studio recording but not bad quality for a camera phone. Great track though. It's called Loose Change.

Edited by gweb

I recall some people were on about Jamie Lenman earlier in the thread. He's doing a free gig in Guildford as part of Independent Venue Week at the end of the month if anybody's interested. Link for tickets here.

If people are going to listen to JL.

Then people should just listen to Reuben.

Then we should start a petition to get them back together and headline the rock stage opposite Arctic Monkeys.

Edited by kev1664

Didn't think much of The Orwells at first, then I saw this performance on Letterman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvodeJdwKb8

Fucking hell that was awesome. That song is one of their weakest and it looked awkward as hell when they played it on Jools but that was hilarious.

Shites for not doing another song though. At least Letterman and his mate seemed to dig it pretty hard.

Edited by dentalplan