Primavera Sound 2014

Guest 5co77ie

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you book early, you can get there relatively cheaply. And Barcelona is a cheap city. ESP. compared to London, Paris, Rome etc. Me and the missus are making it a week holiday with a festival at the end. And, whilst we are staying at a 'boutique'-y place, for a week in a poshish hotel around the Primavera time, its been quite reasonable......

Oh, and the line up looked effing brillo GY!BE !!!! NIN!!!! Other initials!!! :)

Does anyone know the difference between getting a standard ticket as opposed to a VIP one? We've been told that VIP tickets get you into capacity limiting gigs, does that include the headliners? Is there much point in getting one? In other words, if I don't am I going to be swigging a bottle at the back on my own while Arcade Fire and Neutral Milk Hotel play there sets and I go home defeated?

Just booked. Holy shit what a line up.

My exam period is 28th April - 30th May, though, so I have every appendage crossed in hope that that neither of my two exams are on the last two days. Would be an absolute bollock if they are. Tickets are non-refundable, right?

Having read a couple of things I wish I'd forked out for the VIP, though. Might try emailing and asking for an upgrade.

Edited by Messy

There are also shows in the Auditori that are limited capacity, the VIP tickets get you priority entry for those shows, and whenever there are big acts in there you have to buy a ticket for 2 euros. This happened with Jeff Mangum and Daniel Johnston, I think probably Slint might play there this year, but it'll mostly be acts that aren't that big. Probably Colin Stetson, Julia Holter, Sun Ra Arkestra etc;. Mostly stuff that's not loud enough for the outdoor stages.

Not as good as last year's I think, but I'm considering going to Porto given the much cheaper price and there's not going to be much difference between the two line ups. I presume NIN are only doing Barcelona?

if you like music go to primavera Barcelona. if you want experience go to Porto. Barcelona is very concrete and structured. Porto theres a surprise round every corner. Theres no doubt primavera delivers on lineup. its usually the best in Europe. sala apollo in Barcelona is not to be missed at any cost. que up for the hours that it takes. will be your highlight of the weekend. I went to the first Porto primavera. all i can say is its cheap and i had a great time, there is a club in the center that goes on till 5. its worth going to.

As the name suggests this is my first time going to Primavera. Got so excited by the line up I just bought tickets there and then without even thinking about it.

Anybody got any advice on where to stay? Also what time do the bands usually start at?

There was meant to be a group of us going but the others have pulled out cuz they can't afford it so it's just me & my partner now...is it a friendly enough festival or are we going to be bored out of our brains?

Also if anyone has any tips on getting to Primavera from Costa Blanca (Alicante, murcia etc) I'd be very grateful :)

Cheers :)