Where did you camp and was it friendly and fun?

Guest frostypaw

90 members have voted

1. 1. Where did you camp - was it fun and friendly?

• Pennards/Park home - friendly
    • Pennards/Park home - unfriendly
    • Oxlyers - friendly
    • Oxlyers - unfriendly
    • Big Ground (etc) - friendly
    • Big Ground (etc) - unfriendly
    • Webb's Ash - friendly
    • Webb's Ash - unfriendly
    • Pylon/Rivermead/Bushy - friendly
    • Pylon/Rivermead/Bushy - unfriendly
    • Dairy/South Park - friendly
    • Dairy/South Park - unfriendly
    • Darble/Woodsies/Lime Kiln - friendly
    • Darble/Woodsies/Lime Kiln - unfriendly

For the last 5 festivals we have been in Baileys, I think it is great, a nice relaxed vibe with plenty of friendly people and would always head there.

It is a walk from the rest of the festival but as we use the tent to sleep in and have breakfast before setting off for the day/night. We don't return during the day taking 5 or 6 cans and a fleece and jacket with us in those lovely bags handed out by The Guardian.

This year, for reasons mentioned in another thread, we will be in Worthy View but hope to be back at Baileys very soon.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i use the earplugs they hand out at the info points to protect your hearing from the music. they're way too noise-blocking to be any good for that but great for a kip. the music from the beat hotel kept waking my tent-mate this year but i was out like a light. bizarre when the slightest noise at home has me up like a meerkat.

I think that the lock ups, police and security efforts and the continuing increased awareness of the issue is helping to reduce the hauls of those involved and, over time, will reduce the incidence and eventually the pattern.

We help to create the problem by leaving valuable things unprotected in tents when there are solutions in place to give the thieves nothing to steal.

The rule is simple, leave your tent like a student's bedroom. If there's anything worth finding in the piles of dirty socks, pants and discarded junk then it's a brave man that wants to look.

I've camped in many areas.. first year Park Home Ground, a bit noisy for me, I need sleep!

Hitchin Hill Ground was great, if you enjoy sleeping on a hill.

This year we went for Bushy Ground as we arrived evening time on the Wednesday and knew most of the other places would be filled. Bushy Ground was friendly, we had some really nice neighbours and it was really quiet at night. It's close enough to the Other Stage (which I class as the middle of everywhere, even though it isn't!) but I may be opting for Bushy Ground area again, because everything about it was ideal. AND it had compost loos, which I love! (compared to Portaloos and Long Drops!)

I've camped in many areas.. first year Park Home Ground, a bit noisy for me, I need sleep!

Hitchin Hill Ground was great, if you enjoy sleeping on a hill.

This year we went for Bushy Ground as we arrived evening time on the Wednesday and knew most of the other places would be filled. Bushy Ground was friendly, we had some really nice neighbours and it was really quiet at night. It's close enough to the Other Stage (which I class as the middle of everywhere, even though it isn't!) but I may be opting for Bushy Ground area again, because everything about it was ideal. AND it had compost loos, which I love! (compared to Portaloos and Long Drops!)

I think I'm just old before my time - at the age of 25 I should be up for a party!! But I think Glastonbury has enough after-dark places to keep me entertained that when I return my my 'home' I need to sleep.

Bushy Ground is near the dance area (Silver Hayes), Rivermead and Pylon Ground. We came in via entrance A near the bus station and just took a right (I think, I was a little sleepy for the coach journey) but it was fairly empty when we arrived, we got camped fair enough away from the toilets for it to be quiet. It didn't ever really get filled up, everyone seems to want the more "lively" places like Pennard Hill Ground, Oxlyers etc. Think we will be returning to Bushy Ground next year!

I think I'm just old before my time - at the age of 25 I should be up for a party!! But I think Glastonbury has enough after-dark places to keep me entertained that when I return my my 'home' I need to sleep.

Bushy Ground is near the dance area (Silver Hayes), Rivermead and Pylon Ground. We came in via entrance A near the bus station and just took a right (I think, I was a little sleepy for the coach journey) but it was fairly empty when we arrived, we got camped fair enough away from the toilets for it to be quiet. It didn't ever really get filled up, everyone seems to want the more "lively" places like Pennard Hill Ground, Oxlyers etc. Think we will be returning to Bushy Ground next year!

Oxylers we camped ,under the impression it was one of the best places to be and being my first glasto went along with it. we did have a great time and it is very close to silver Hayes and other stage but wasn't anything spectacular and after visiting friends in other campsites further away and realising they where having just as much fun . next year I'm not gonna bother rushing about and will just camp wherever We see a decent space and sure have another wonderful festival