Sziget 2014

Uncle Liam

@Zero_Newnab: YES, day zero is Tuesday 12th Aug. There is also a day -1 on Monday 11th Aug which has traditionally been a Hungarian music day. You can arrive on the island before that (see earlier posts) but there is no entertainment.

I agree, I don't think there will be any new bands announced on Monday but instead news on who is playing where and non-musical entertainment news (Circus, Theatre, fireworks, paint party etc.)

The best way to make the most out of Sziget is to take full advantage of the cheap beer!, make sure you pick up a free passport at the entry gate in English unless you speak Hungarian of course.

You will need a festival card to buy anything inside the festival site, make sure you register it so that if you lose it after a few to many you can cancel it without someone else spending what's left on it for you, I learnt that the hard way.

Try the little tents you will find some amazing local and international bands that you have never heard of which will blow you mind. you will then try finding them on youtube only to find that their so small that their not on it.

Last but most importantly just be friendly, everyone I met last year was just amazingly kind. You will make many friends if you go out with the right attitude.

I hope you enjoy yourself.

Hello everybody,

I've never been to the Sziget Festival and i want to buy tickets before the end of the month.
I've just a question about the Arena stage, last year there was concerts until 1am on the Main Stage and after it it was possible to go to the Arena Stage until 5am and continue to partying.

This year how it is going to happen ? There are more DJs on the main stage and there is no Arena Stage (I would have prefered the opposite) I just want to know if there will be somewhere to "dance" and have fun some nights (even if it's not the main reason why I want to come). And how is going the nights if we want to enjoy with fun ?

Thank you

Xence

Edited by Xence

Don't know if there will be Arena Stage...

The A38 Stage always have lots of electronic/dance acts during the night.

There are also lots of small stages with every kind of music that go on till morning.

Edited by alan_ts

Guys

Does anyone know if the 2 day City pass also gives free entry to the Spa's etc or if this just applies to the 13 day one? There for 6 days and just wondering whether to get 3 x 2 days or the 13 day pass as I plan to spend some time in the city during the day.

Cheers

@Xence 'till last year djsets and live sets in the Party Arena went on till 6am and till 5am in A38 Stage. This year we won't have Party Arena but we'll have a huge Colosseum that will take the place of the party arena and will have the same role. It looks like it's a different venue with the same role.
Anyway concerts on the Main Stage last till 11pm because Sziget is in the city and the sound for the sorrounding inhabitants is too loud. But djsets go on till 6am in every little stage on the island ;)

With 3 x 2 days you'll get 3 x free entrance to a spa. Last year I've done this too.

Hello Cristall:

That is very interesting news. As I tend to go to spas every day and as some of them cost £14 entrance this could save me a decent amount of money as there are 7 of us going.

If I was to order three, 2 day tickets (for each of us) from the Sziget website, how do you get each validated to start on differnt days for example:-

First from 12th to midnight of 13th

Second from Midnight of 13th to midnight 15th

Third midnight of 15th to Midnight 17th

I would really appreciate any advice you can offer

also about get 2 days citypass and not 13

any other things beside spa which is better for them to take several 2 days cirypass and not one 13 days citypass?

a lot of acts were added for both World Music stage and Blues & Irish stage

I don't know even one of the names but it look really good in videos I watched from last years

so any recommendation from the acts?

Edited by amfest12