Gigs to help through the long winter.

Guest comfortablynumb1910

So some folks already have their KC `14 tickets in the bag. Would be interested to hear who everyone is out watching between now and next July. Hopefully get me onto some new stuff.

So who`s touring, how much for the ticket and could they appear at Kendal next year.

I can start with Bez and 808 state this weekend. £8 a ticket. 808 state would be unlikely again but Bez maybe with Happy Mondays could happen.

Also got Public Service Broadcasting 5/11/13. £12 a ticket but can`t see them being at KC 2 years running.

Got tickets for Miles Kane, Johnny Marr, kodaline and Public Service Broadcasting, I would have bought tickets for Gabrielle Aplin but I'm away that week in October, also would have bought tickets for the Boxer Rebellion in February but I'm away that week as well !

Exit Calm. Who will almost definitely be at Kendal next year!

Art Brut. Could be a shout.

PSB. Agree unlikely to play again but not outside the realms of possibility.

Complete Stone Roses. Based on number of Roses t shirts I saw at Kendal think they would go down incredibly well.

I must admit I always find the lack of a decent indie disco at festivals utterly bizarre. The Sunday night at Kendal Ram and meself were desperate to find some decent tunes and instead ended up watching some godawful Swedish band in the Chai Wallahs

Edited by Flaminglippy

[quote name="Flaminglippy" post="4132097" timestamp="1377848895"

I must admit I always find the lack of a decent indie disco at festivals utterly bizarre. The Sunday night at Kendal Ram and meself were desperate to find some decent tunes and instead ended up watching some godawful Swedish band in the Chai Wallahs

We have Wigan Diggers festival on 7th September,

Mountain of Love in Preston on 14th September. They are some of the original Alabama 3, we love their album and really enjoyed them at Beatherder festival this year.

Giant Star in the Ruby Lounge on 18th October. It's the singer from the Space Monkeys,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw9sqbhnj3g

Jagwar Ma Gorilla Manc 19th October

Happy Mondays Manc Ritz 23rd November - no idea how this will go, was double the price of Alabama 3, I don't think it will be half as good ^.^

Dub Pistols Sound Control 30th November - delighted to be seeing them here up north in Winter :-)

Alabama 3 Manc Academy 2 13th December

Primal Scream Manc Academy 1 15th December

Edited by lisobely

Hmmmmm, bit of a mixed bag between now and xmas, and suspect none would be at Kendal next year.

beans on toast, sean mcgowan,dan v pip, spector, ferocious dog, gaz brookfield, 3 daft monkeys, happy mondays, courteeners, lancashire hotpots, levellers

think some of you would like gaz brookfield, bloke with guitar, good lyrics, nice tunes. Seen him half a dozen times or so this year at festivals up and down the place.

I've got Herman Dune, Peter Hook, Neds Atomic Dustbin and Cud, Basement Jaxx and the Arctic Monkeys booked in. I'm skewed a bit 'big venue' at the moment, but I'm sure we'll be at The Hop in Wakey and the Brud and Cockpit in Leeds to address the matter in the next few months. I do like to be able to get a pint and see the band at the same time. Good call with the PWGG's Lippy, seen them a couple of times, good single covers as well (if you like that sort of thing)

I've got Herman Dune, Peter Hook, Neds Atomic Dustbin and Cud, Basement Jaxx and the Arctic Monkeys booked in. I'm skewed a bit 'big venue' at the moment, but I'm sure we'll be at The Hop in Wakey and the Brud and Cockpit in Leeds to address the matter in the next few months. I do like to be able to get a pint and see the band at the same time. Good call with the PWGG's Lippy, seen them a couple of times, good single covers as well (if you like that sort of thing)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...