Rock Werchter 2014

Guest Dead throne

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rock werchter used to be the festival with the best bands and very customer friendly. their timetable used to be by far the first and therefore you could plan your journey (book your flights and stuff like that) early.

these days are gone!

hey foolee, a few years back (7 years) I was staying at a hotel in Leuven and was using these buses every night. it was very easy to get back, never had problems.

@Com Truise: if you are travelling to Rock Werchter for days and not for the whole festival, it's useful to know at what time the bands start that you want to see. this has an impact on how you plan the journey (train or flights etc).

if pete is (again) the problem, why don't they announce the timetable for the other days?... or can we expect a surprise (c'mon Coldplay)..

The timetable is an essential factor...

First of all there will be about 80 bands and artist for 4 days. Some of these bands will be playing in different stages and maybe same hours.Personally , I would like to know what will i hear and what will i miss.

On the other hand , there will be travellers from all over the world (for example i will travel from Greece). So if staying in Belgium for some days , would like to take the advantage seeing not only the fest but also some sightseeing, cities , events etc in other places.

Foolee, I've always stayed in Leuven and never have I had any trouble with the shuttle buses. There is a sea of people taking these buses after the last act but it works very quicly. There is a bus every 2min that gets filled so the waiting time is about one beer, at most ;)

Hi everyone,

This will be our first visit to the festival this year (for the Saturday only) & we have booked a hotel in Mechelen. I read that it was easy to get to the festival from here.

Any tips? Train from Mechelen to leuven & then shuttle bus? Or how much might a taxi be?

Many thanks in advance!!!

Hi everyone,

This will be our first visit to the festival this year (for the Saturday only) & we have booked a hotel in Mechelen. I read that it was easy to get to the festival from here.

Any tips? Train from Mechelen to leuven & then shuttle bus? Or how much might a taxi be?

Many thanks in advance!!!

Train should be good, about the same travelling time as a train from Brussels (+ ofcourse your train ride is free). You'll probably have to take a taxi back though, as the last Leuven-Mechelen train is at about 11pm.

Edited by TheBigLad

Really appreciate the advice.

Bit confused with the e-ticket/free train travel. As I said we are coming from Amsterdam on the Saturday morning. So does this mean we can get free train travel from the first train station in Belgium (from Amsterdam) to mechelen? If I was getting free train ride then I presume I'd save some money?

Really excited to come to this festival.