Rock Werchter 2014

Guest Dead throne

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because this Stromae thing is probably the worst "music" i've ever heard. The first time I heard this name was when he got announced at RW and I went to youtube to check him out and me and my girlfriend had to stop the song, it was so bad...just horrible! How can anyone listen to this?

We all know it's a Belgian festival but RW has to realize that they draw a lot of foreigners. Stromae playing the Barn and C&S the main stage(it was mental in 2012 when they played the main stage) would have been better for everybody....

MGMT - Interpol in the Barn and then Chase & Status on the main stage would have been my chose.....but hey, we'll just drink a lot of beer and no one will care :P

for me the timetable is quite good. but i see trouble in and around the tent with interpol. can't understand why they don't put on Stromae at the same time. there will be ten thousands of people after the kings of leon concert wanting to see interpol if there is nothing on main stage at the same time.

I don't think a festival should pay that much attention to the foreign visitors either. Rock Am Ring had Die Toten Hosen headlining recently, Roskilde same with Trentemoller and Mew both being closers on the biggest stage, -M- headlining Eurockéennes next to Blur, ... It's part of what makes the line up stand out from those in other countries.

I can understand foreigners a bit, but even than...

Chase & status maybe played belgian festivals 20 times or more in the last recent years.

Stromae didn't (0) so far, and is indeed a huge name in that area.

The biggest mistake would be to put him in a tent... that would be insane. C&S would be a better final of the festival: agree.

And as said before, it's the same at roskilde, eurockeennes and even -royuela- primavera.

- Biffy Clyro at 17:00... come on! You've seen them at night? They put one hell of a show!

- The Black Keys... just 1h 5min... are you serious?! and Pearl Jam 3 h!!! Biggg Boooo to the organisers, with the new álbum they deserve lot more minutes, and we too!!!

- Pixies- Pearl Jam... I'm gonna see Pixies at Primavera so no problema for me...

I don't think a festival should pay that much attention to the foreign visitors either. Rock Am Ring had Die Toten Hosen headlining recently, Roskilde same with Trentemoller and Mew both being closers on the biggest stage, -M- headlining Eurockéennes next to Blur, ... It's part of what makes the line up stand out from those in other countries.

i am a little bit surprised that there is no surprise in the definitive schedules. why did this take 8 weeks since the first 'soon'...

i don't quite get saturday night, i'm not into Pearl Jam or Pixies (i can see either you love both or none of them), so i have 1 hour of nothing while many have to clone... i would have changed Haim and Pixies...

The timetable is a great puzzle for some...

Thank God saw Pixies couple of years ago in Athens so i 'm gonna enjoy the 3 hour set of PJ . Even though i would love to see Pixies again because they are music myths and myths never die.

Would also like to see Biffy much later...

Afraid about the bottleneck after KOL to Interpol , but KOL are so boring to me so no problem to leave the end of their set for a good spot at the tent for Interpol.

I can understand the hype in Belgium and the Nederlands for Stromae , but is a big nig mistake for the time they put him...

Just bought a ticket to see Pixies in Iceland. Will have to drive 1400km but I've never seen them and they are one of those bands I really want to see.... no way in hell am I gonna miss PJ at RW so this is my only option I guess...

Just bought a ticket to see Pixies in Iceland. Will have to drive 1400km but I've never seen them and they are one of those bands I really want to see.... no way in hell am I gonna miss PJ at RW so this is my only option I guess...

For me:

The Wombats / Dropkick Murphys

Imagine Dragons / Triggerfinger

Robert Plant / Placebo

Will pick Wombats over Dropkick Murphys as I've seen DM before. Same with Imagine Dragons and Triggerfinger, seen Triggerfinger quite a few times. And Robert Plant is Robert Plant, the singer of probably the best band ever...and even if I hadn't seen Placebo many times(witch I have) I'd choose Plant every day of the week.

I know I've been before, but just 2 questions I need to ask:

1) Is a sleeping bag necessary or will just a blanket do? I know it'd be very warm in the mornings, but can you survive with just a light enough blanket when its dark?

2) Phone chargers...are they still in the mini-lockers or have things changed over the last 7 years? And is there a cost for doing this?