what acts or people did you see that were honoured to be there and them who were not

Guest tinktink

i was walking through the pyramid and professor green just came on and you could tell he was so excited to be there it radiated into the crowd so much i ended up staying, and nile rodgers didnt want to go off stage makes you enjoy the set so much more, i saw vampire weekend in 2010 and they were like kids with ezra shouting glastonbreeeeee after every song with a smile like the joker , but this time it was like just another festival, although they were still great

Ben Howard - Found him a bit boring but he genuinely looked chuffed to be there, had a grin on his face every time he looked at the crowd.

and Willy Mason looked like he was loving every second in WG.

Edited by RobDog86

I noticed Jake Bugg said something to his bandmate along the lines of "fuck me" when he first walked onto the Pyramid, that made me smile. Although he's dead behind the eyes, he clearly appreciated it.

I thought the same about VW, too, they didn't seem as up for it as I'd have imagined. Kenny Rogers loved it though.

Also, he seems to have gotten a bit of bad press for his accent and antics or whatever, but Turner kept giggling to himself during the Monkeys set on Friday night. He absolutely loves Glasto.

Edited by Sketchead

Lucy Rose looked almost embarrassed from the reception she was getting (in a good way). The xx said that headlining the other stage at Glastonbury was the "big one". The bassist of Haim said it was the best moment of her life. In fact almost everybody seemed delighted and overwhelmed.

Edited by pedmills

Public Service Broadcasting played with huge smiles on their faces and wrote this on Facebook yesterday:

"Excuse the gushing but we wanted to say a huge thanks to everyone who came to see us yesterday at Glastonbury. When Everest finished was the most special moment we've had on stage and one we won't forget. We hope you don't either! Almost got a bit emotional, in fact. It was definitely just something in my eye, honest"

The xx clearly were overwhelmed.

Portishead seemed to be enjoying it (Beth even did a tour of the rail!)

Rufus Wainwright also seemed to really enjoy it, joking with members of the crowd and kept mentioning how good it was to be there

Don't think I saw any act that didnt seem anything but over the moon to be there actually

walking past spirit of 71 stage and there was a dj on the decks(Don Johnston) mixing jazz and swing,stopped to have a listen and he was just finishing up and was superb.He introduced the next band.The electric swing circus, you could just tell they were loving every minute of it ,and were one of the highlights of my festival

A lot of the acts really do see it as a big deal, which is another thing that makes Glastonbury so special.... the pure fact that it is! I noticed Billy Corgan didn't seem to give a shit where he was to begin with, but really warmed up to the crowd throughout the gig, it was the people rather than the festival that he was reacting to, which I sort of think is more genuine.

• 3 weeks later...

walking past spirit of 71 stage and there was a dj on the decks(Don Johnston) mixing jazz and swing,stopped to have a listen and he was just finishing up and was superb.He introduced the next band.The electric swing circus, you could just tell they were loving every minute of it ,and were one of the highlights of my festival

Lianne De Havas kept saying that her eyes were watering, but I think she got really emotional. She said she had never seen so many people clap along to her final tune. She was really excited & overwhelmed.

yes I think the stones were happy to be there, where I was standing about 3 people in from the front row I think they did a great performance,

My mates band tankus the henge have played before at glastonbury and I know they are always honoured to be there, lots of bands its their favourite festival