Sore Tongue

Guest BicycleThieves

Great year, first and foremost.

Spoken to a few people who have come home with the tip of their tongue being sore!?

This seems to happen to me after every festival I go to and judging from the people I have spoken to, I think it may be linked to over indulgence.

Anyone out their the same? Any ideas as to what it might be? I'd love to be able to eat again!

My tongue is crispy from over indulgence. I wear it like a badge of honour.

My legs and back stood up well, I'd been walking 5-8 miles daily for the weeks running up to the festival to prepare and I had no issues at all there, feeling better by Sunday than I have in a couple of years. I'm going to keep up the walking.

Throat is raw, mostly from shouting I guess. And drinking loads. Had really grim hayfever leading up to Glasto which persisted until I actually used antihistimines on Thursday. Nose had been crusty and I had a good time picking it. Was basically blowing blood out after. It feels raw inside now but loads better than last week.

I've been going since 2004, all ways get what I call 'festival scurvy' by the end, though for the first time this year I seem to be okay...

I think it's a combo of dehydration, lack of nutrients, smoking and drinking acidic drinks like cider

buy some rehydration sachets from a chemist, mix with berroca and water and try to drink a lot of hot ginger, honey and lemon over the next week as well :)

My Mum's lip swelled up and was filled with pus- she went up to the medical tent and they were calling it "jaggeritis" as so many people had it and they had absolutely no idea what it was. She was given antihistamines and steroids (8 tablets each morning!) but it still hasn't quite gone down!