Things you had stolen at glastonbury...

Guest dccool

Highly doubtful they were even legitimate security guards to be honest, that scam has been going about for years.

Easy enough to do, and people fall for it especially if they do have anything on them they shouldn't sadly.

Every security company on site should all have either their own uniforms with unique numbers on them such as Specialized who do a lot of the stages or production areas, or official GFL tabards with id numbers on them.

Anyone carrying out searches should also have a valid SIA Licence and they must seek your permission, if you refuse and they do so anyway, they are probably scammers.

Also they should have a crew wristband on, again with an identifying number that can be traced back to who it was issued to and what company they work for.

*edit*

Just to add, yeah there may be one or two bad apples in the security employed by GFL, but if these incidents are reported and investigated then it will help in future years.

Edited by Paul ™

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat at my tent Wednesday night, at OXYLERS, I got a firm grab on the shoulder, turning round super fast thinking it was a friend of mine nearly punching the guy, to see it was a patrol of three policemen just warning us that there could be thefts, as an IPAD was stolen, they then laughed asking us who would bring a iPad to the worlds best festival... And stayed for a 10 minute chat with us as we were glasto virgins and intrigued on what they thought of the festival... Tbh I was very reassured they they came round although I had put all my groups stuff in the lock ups, as efestivals recommends to do so.... A fucking IPAD! Lol what idiots.

Sat at my tent Wednesday night, at OXYLERS, I got a firm grab on the shoulder, turning round super fast thinking it was a friend of mine nearly punching the guy, to see it was a patrol of three policemen just warning us that there could be thefts, as an IPAD was stolen, they then laughed asking us who would bring a iPad to the worlds best festival... And stayed for a 10 minute chat with us as we were glasto virgins and intrigued on what they thought of the festival... Tbh I was very reassured they they came round although I had put all my groups stuff in the lock ups, as efestivals recommends to do so.... A fucking IPAD! Lol what idiots.

On either the Thursday around 3 there were about 20 ish security and police surrounding a big tent in middle of pennards... Dunno if it was a drugs thing or stolen items found... Didn't look good though.

To restore some faith in humanity, my mate lost his phone by the temple/cave in The Common late Saturday- I was getting a signal via find my iPhone to say it was still on and in the field somewhere. We were taken backstage to prod office to report it- then one of his mates bumped into us as we emerged and handed it over!

Whoever found it had text her to say he'd found the phone and met up with her to collect it. She then luckily bumped into us- as she only knew my mate and didn't have any other numbers to get in touch with him to say she'd been handed his phone back!

Proceeded to get drunk at Rumshack after that! Huzzah!

Had my hat stolen of my head while in queue to get in to shangri la, a mate had his cash swiped from his wallet inside his tent and another mate has his wallet nicked from his bag. 2013 was a great festival but definitely the worst I have been to in ten years for thieving.

Not accusing anyone of lying but just because you come home at night without your wallet does not mean it was stolen, especially if you were shitfaced! Did you contact lost property? Chances are you dropped it after buying a pint, food or drugs at 4am. often it's not thieves just fucked fucked people losing stuff

I was camped in dairy ground and didnt have any problems but then I don't leave anything in there worth nicking except my spare booze. One night though feeling knackered I left my chair in the porch of my tent and left my bag on there - was still there in the morning though so I felt extremely lucky

We were camped in Oxylers and people came into our groups tents at least twice, could've been more but these are the only times we caught them, heard of quite a few round us too.

I was asleep and one of the group caught a guy walking out of our tent and confronted him to which he replied "chill out", the cheek of it, he's just tried to potentially rob us and is telling us to chill out.

The other time someone tried to get into one of our friends tent, luckily one of our group had stayed behind because they were wrecked from the night before, he said he was "looking for a toilet", he was going to head off into more tents but our friend had told him no chance and basically told him to do one.

It's a shame that the odd few have to put a bit of a dampener on things, luckily none of us kept anything of any value in our tents so if people were to go in them they'd have a hard job trying to find anything.

Also, Monday morning we found a random guy asleep in a friends tent, he'd been there the whole time and we hadn't even realised.

I was camped in Webbs Ash, left nothing valuable in my tent and popped my jeans into a pillow cushion (along with other clothes) to sleep on.

On Wed night someone put their head in my tent, I sat bolt up right and told them to get the fuck out before I smacked em and they left pretty quickly claiming they had the wrong tent. Heard someone outside saying 'come on let's go' still don't know if it was genuine or not.

In regards to short changing, I always fold the corner of every note I had over, that way you can always prove what you paid with!

Nothing robbed this end. My mate found an iphone one night and handed it to a police officer the next day (when his pupils had recovered somewhat). I also saw two young girls hand in a wallet they had found to the people manning the lock up near Webbs Ash. The wallet was bulging with cash and cards. The girls had rang the father of the owner using details inside the wallet. The father had then rang his son and told him the girls had handed his wallet into the lock up. Fair play to those girls - I take it for granted that, apart from personal use of mind bending chemicals, my mates are honest.

Nothing this year, but in previous years our group has had a camera, a phone and some herbal remedies stolen.

I myself dropped my wallet on the floor of the longdrops (not inside!) and returned to find it still there but with the cash missing, particularly galling as it was next to the lost property farmhouse. People who seem to think cash and phones are "finders keepers" wind me up a lot more than friendly gazebo owners or people pissing on the land.

Does anyone know how I would go about handing in lost property that I have found?

I came across a pair of sun glasses on a drunken walk through Shangri-La on the Sunday morning at 5am.

Didn't get around to handing them in as I left quite soon after but would feel better about them possibly being returned to their owner.

Not the biggest item in the world but guess it's the principle.

Does anyone know how I would go about handing in lost property that I have found?

I came across a pair of sun glasses on a drunken walk through Shangri-La on the Sunday morning at 5am.

Didn't get around to handing them in as I left quite soon after but would feel better about them possibly being returned to their owner.

Not the biggest item in the world but guess it's the principle.

Loads of tents got done around us in Park Home on Wednesday night. A couple of guys had their tents cut open and their trousers taken. One guy had a girl in his tent going through his stuff but she scrammed when he woke up.

I woke up on Thursday morning with a girls handbag outside my tent, her wallet, passport and expensive looking camera were all there but there was no cash in the wallet and no phone in the bag.

I think quite a few w*nkers go in planning to get their festival money and drugs off other punters whilst people are fully loaded up on the first night.

We didn't hear of any problems the other nights.

i lost my phone. a bloke found found it and texted my mate saying let's meet up to give it back (the phone was unlocked). by the time we tried to reach him, his phone was also dead. thought it was a lost caused but called him today - he is sending it to me in the post.

there are still some fine people out there, believe you me!

My mates wandered off after the Stones to the Healing Fields, and one of them took a guitar from a tent (pissed up like). Anyway next morning, he wakes up wracked in guilt so he then decides to walk up around the area to try and find the tent. Couldn't find the tent but decided to have a toe reading, anyway soon sits down on a chair and asks the lady how she is. Her reply was that she had her guitar nicked. Nothing was said. He finishes the reading (telling him he had a good night last night and to look at his toes every night), gets up and goes come see the rest of us waiting outside Williams Green, for the Palma Violets. Proceeds to write a poem about his toes and he's sorry for taking the guitar, slips in the guitar we then took it whilst the final acts were on and he slid it under her tent.

Oh and he also put on a toe-ring gift on the strings.

Edited by das beaut