Nick Cave

Midnight Man

Sorry, didn't see that. They always change, but at the moment it varies between your favourites, Stone Roses, at Heaton Park, and Nick Cave or Portishead this year.

Sometimes Neil Young is top, sometimes he's second, but that gig never drops out. I suppose it would be easier to say those are all in my top 5, but it's so hard to do that as then things like The Music's last ever gig or Eels, or Floyd at Live 8 start creeping in. I hate doing top xx, but I still always seem to do it.

Then there's Waters' The Wall, but I sort of class that separately to gigs.

Cool. I was just asking because I find it impossible to do these lists too and was impressed that you seemed to have it down. But I see you don't! :sarcastic:

I saw him 2009 but literally only knew where the wild roses go then, so wasn't fully attentive. I came across Henry's Dream in an exchange shop some time after and thought "He was really good - I'll try that."

After having that for a while, and then hearing how good his new album was basically got the others from recommendations on here and built up. Thought this year was a lot better, but put that down to knowing all the songs, as opposed to none of them. Would be interested to know if you two agree, but thought it was far better this year.

2009 - Lazarus tour? I'd say this Glastonbury performance was better. In fact, it's the best I've seen him I reckon (although far too short a set!). But similarly to what you say above that could have as much to do with my state of mind as anything else. And that he played From Her To Eternity, which floored me. I can't wait to see that again without everyone around me looking at me as if I was a mad woman.

I tried to count the other day and I've seen him over 10 times in total so I don't say this lightly. Many of those were multiple times on the same tour though so not sure if that counts as much.

So it's halfway through the 11th. We didn't get tickets did we? What a fucking shitty shit week of shit.

This year at Glastonbury was way better than 2009 (or 1998, for that matter). He seemed to revel being unwanted by the majority of Pyramid campers this year - wanted the fight - whereas I think it just annoyed him on previous occasions.

Precisely this.

Oh, I see Scruffy, you meant 2009 at Glasto. Duh. Yes, so you walked away after Nick Cave when Blur were about the come on. Oh dear.

This year at Glastonbury was way better than 2009 (or 1998, for that matter). He seemed to revel being unwanted by the majority of Pyramid campers this year - wanted the fight - whereas I think it just annoyed him on previous occasions.

Yeah, I thought that. I wondered who he was glaring at and saying 'Bye' to, until I watched it on TV and saw the photographers leaving from the front enclosure.

That was on you tube for a bit, but I can't find it now. I've played them loads since that gig, having not really listened to them for years.

I've got a copy of the bbc footage and also the whole thing in handy mp3 form, if you ever wanted it

(you would need to explain to me exactly how to get it to you though as I assume it's not possible to email something so huge!)

I've got a copy of the bbc footage and also the whole thing in handy mp3 form, if you ever wanted it

(you would need to explain to me exactly how to get it to you though as I assume it's not possible to email something so huge!)

You should be able to upload these to drive, dropbox or skydrive etc depending on their size, and then send a link. If they are too large to upload as a file, then you can 'zip' them into several smaller archive files. Winzip used to offer the option of archiving a large file into smaller ones like this, but you then need to open the main file file which then uses the other segments to recreate the original file again (ie Main.zip which then links to maina.zip mainb.zip mainc.zip etc). Hotmail offers the chance to attach files as skydrive links so you don't need to email them as a file, but just provide the link. That help?

Edited by carlosj

You should be able to upload these to drive, dropbox or skydrive etc depending on their size, and then send a link. If they are too large to upload as a file, then you can 'zip' them into several smaller archive files. Winzip used to offer the option of archiving a large file into smaller ones like this, but you then need to open the main file file which then uses the other segments to recreate the original file again (ie Main.zip which then links to maina.zip mainb.zip mainc.zip etc). Hotmail offers the chance to attach files as skydrive links so you don't need to email them as a file, but just provide the link. That help?

umm I will certainly give it a go. Cheers!

I've got the ace bbc footage of nick cave and the rolling stones too. Perfect copies.

umm I will certainly give it a go. Cheers!

I've got the ace bbc footage of nick cave and the rolling stones too. Perfect copies.

Now you're talking!

Well, if you want to do it, but struggle, drop me a PM and I'll see if I can sort out some screenshots on the process in general. I'm out tonight and this weekend is hectic, and I'm, erm, at work, erm, now, so I can't make time time till next week, but I'm happy to help. Both those would be appreciated as my memory of the Stones was impaired by Jack Daniels. How Keef manages, I don't know.

Now you're talking!

Well, if you want to do it, but struggle, drop me a PM and I'll see if I can sort out some screenshots on the process in general. I'm out tonight and this weekend is hectic, and I'm, erm, at work, erm, now, so I can't make time time till next week, but I'm happy to help. Both those would be appreciated as my memory of the Stones was impaired by Jack Daniels. How Keef manages, I don't know.

I'll give it a go and see what happens, if I fail miserably I'll get back to you, ta. Cant be that hard, and the files arent that vast..

• Upvote 1