How thoroughly do they check for glass?

Guest sonichka

I have been traveling in Europe prior to the festival and have some glass souvenirs including a couple bottles of liquor. If they are wrapped in boxes/clothing in my backpack will I still risk losing them? I had planned to store it all in the lockups. The other option is storing it in London. Are there lockers at the Victoria Bus Station and are they safe to use? Thanks for any info.

They will absolutely find them if they search you, they're pretty thorough and you really really shouldn't bring them. Far too many ways it can go wrong

Segregate out your Glasto packing and leave them in airport or train station storage is very secure

As has been said, they will defintely take the glass off you if you are searched. There's a zero glass policy which they stick to religiously. I would imagine the lock ups at Victoria would be very safe to use, otherwise they'd be an uproar about it which everyone would have heard about by now. At £4 a day, they would appear to be your best option.

For the campervans they have a specific bit where glass bottles of alcohol are stored.

I left a bottle of champaign in there (rest was decanted in to plastic) - you got a ticket and picked it up on the way out.

Oddly regarding the glass bottles - as you are allowed drinking glasses made of glass and other bits, but not bottles (the campervan bit is outside the main festival). You could find a friendly person with a car to store it for you.

For the campervans they have a specific bit where glass bottles of alcohol are stored.

I left a bottle of champaign in there (rest was decanted in to plastic) - you got a ticket and picked it up on the way out.

Oddly regarding the glass bottles - as you are allowed drinking glasses made of glass and other bits, but not bottles (the campervan bit is outside the main festival). You could find a friendly person with a car to store it for you.

They are outside the main gates, where you get your bags checked.

Thus I said outside the main[/i[ festival ;)

They do have different restrictions - you can drive your vehicle on, for a start ;).

You are allowed drinking glasses made of glass and pretty much anything else not disallowed in the main festival area, bar glass drinks bottles and pets.

Can;t see them searching EVERY van - its going to be a job doing a complete search...

I can see why people in tents cant have glass - the bottles are going to be everywhere but campers/caravans surely a bit different?

BTW - if you do get stopped and caught do they let u decant into plastic bottles? (Bought a few 2ltr lemonade from Aldi for 17p each).

Can;t see them searching EVERY van - its going to be a job doing a complete search...

I can see why people in tents cant have glass - the bottles are going to be everywhere but campers/caravans surely a bit different?

BTW - if you do get stopped and caught do they let u decant into plastic bottles? (Bought a few 2ltr lemonade from Aldi for 17p each).

I am amazed at this thread and several others on the same topic. One of the first statements on the Fine Guide is:-

Remember when packing that no glass at all is allowed on site, and that includes expensive perfume or aftershave as well as alcohol or cooking oil. – It will all be confiscated

It seems quite clear that GFL do not want glass anywhere on the site, so why all the discussion?