Smoking in dance tents, and other tents

Guest Franky

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an ex-smoker I'm not too fussed either way, I quite like the smell, it takes me back ha-ha!

However, I think that the point that people need to consider, as has been brought up a few times on here, is just general consideration to your neighbour.

The smokers have made fair comparrisons to BBQ and bonfire smoke. But ultimately, if someone goes to a bonfire or BBQ it's their choice. That's not the case with someone smoking next to you...that is put upon you regardless of your view.

I think that generally, people just need to have a look around them, consider who's around them (whether child, adult or elderly), there's no harm in even asking if you are in particularly close proximity if the person near you minds. I'm sure most wouldn't be that bothered, but understand some will.

A little consideration and comprimise all round and we'll all be fine :)

how times change things.

I know the festival has to adhere to the laws, but can't the punters just give the smokers a break for just one weekend. Its glasto people! don't get stressed. whatever. let the smokers smoke where they like. you can spend the other 360 days of the year looking down on us, but just give us a weekend off.

edit: obviously any right-minded smoker would never consider smoking next to a baby for example. That goes without saying

Edited by Ed209

Then you're proving that it's subjective. People can't complain that it's illegal to smoke cigarettes in enclosed spaces, and unpleasant, and unfair to people around them who don't like it....then say it's okay if it's weed, cause some people might not like the smell of that either!.....I personally don't mind it, but I HAAATE the smell of CHEAP cigarettes, urgh!

yeah i'd say it's subjective, i don't think i have suggested otherwise (bar a couple of obviousle facetious posts early in the thread). personally i don't care where or what people smoke, but being that worst of all breeds, an ex-smoker, i now don't particularly enjoy being around tobacco. i do enjoy smoking weed and getting high off it though, which certainly is illegal be it indoors or out.

there's also the passive smoking issue. minimal as it may be. but nobody ever died from weed and plenty do from tobacco.

I'm not too bothered about the health effects of breathing in other people's smoke, i'm fully supportive of people that do, its just not much of an issue personally.

What does annoy me about smoking in crowds is the number of burns i've ended up with on my arm/hand/foot/neck from people who are far too wasted to pay attention to the burning stick they're waving around.

I have the same problem but to a lesser degree with those tall candle things

well expect to be asked to put them out or smoke outside, also you personally can be fined and taken to court as well as glastonbury festival, I think the fines if they take you to court are around £200 although its cheaper if you pay without going to court

well expect to be asked to put them out or smoke outside, also you personally can be fined and taken to court as well as glastonbury festival, I think the fines if they take you to court are around £200 although its cheaper if you pay without going to court

The poster said that if it upset people he would smoke to upset them more, I would say thats a very unpleasent attitude and if a person was to do illegal drugs pretty silly .

Glastonbury has a clear drugs policy http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/advice/drugs

The poster said that if it upset people he would smoke to upset them more, I would say thats a very unpleasent attitude and if a person was to do illegal drugs pretty silly .

Who called the Fun Police.....

Glastonbury has a clear drugs policy http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/advice/drugs

So a few of you smokers choose to ignore the law because you either don't agree with it, or can't be bothered to move to have a cig. How many of you drink and drive? because you can use the same arguments to justify disobeying that law too. (don't agree with the limit, too inconvenient to leave the car and get a taxi).