Short cuts near the site?

Guest graham1030

Hi,

I understand that if you did have any you wouldn't want to go shouting about them on here but I was just wondering if anybody had any good short cuts close to the site?

The last couple of festivals whilst stuck in endless traffic jams we have kindly been told to go alternate ways by the locals which lead us straight to the site bypassing potentially hours of jams.

Obviously after a messy glasto and year gap all this knowledge has completely disappeared so any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

We used to drive in in past Castle Cary, and then took a left turn a bit further on. It took us through a nice looking village with a pub on the corner called Ditcheat, then through a few single lane tracks. Some of the roads were blocked but we managed to come out virtually opposite one of the gates!

We used to drive in in past Castle Cary, and then took a left turn a bit further on. It took us through a nice looking village with a pub on the corner called Ditcheat, then through a few single lane tracks. Some of the roads were blocked but we managed to come out virtually opposite one of the gates!

Ha ha, I have always arrived on Thursdays, we used to take that route when everybody else arrived on the Thursday. Nowadays we can drive straight in when we arrived on the Thursday no matter which route we take! Finding a pitch is a bit of an ballache these days though!

If you go via Ditcheat you'll find all the roads blocked off and manned 24/7. You can only go through if you have a residents permit. I don't recommend going this way, however, there are usually a hadful of folk who manage to find a lane that isn't blocked and then get lost. I usually point a good number of cars in the right direction.