thewayiam

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Justin Timberlake is not a headliner. He will not headline V. He isn't popular or big enough, and definitely doesn't have enough big songs. He's a sub, tops.

Look forward to you all disagreeing with me. Quote me next March.

You probably only wrote this looking for an argument.

If Mumfords can get headline slot at Glasto, anything can happen with festivals now. I think he would be big enough to headline V. After taking a while out the hype for him will be even bigger. I agree that the two songs he released as singles were big, and he will release more. I didnt know about the new album thing, it will be interesting to see where he plays and what fests he plays

If Mumfords can get headline slot at Glasto, anything can happen with festivals now. I think he would be big enough to headline V. After taking a while out the hype for him will be even bigger. I agree that the two songs he released as singles were big, and he will release more. I didnt know about the new album thing, it will be interesting to see where he plays and what fests he plays

Glasto has had a lot weaker headliners than mumfords.

Wireless festival always struggles to sell out, JT headlines and it sells out very quick. To me tyat suggests there is a high denand for him to play somewhere like v. Will he be asked? Will he be around? Will he want to is another story.

On here mumfords arent popular, and people on here also claim to have a wide range of music so I dont know why people dont like them. I think there would be high demand for him and V would certainly pay enough to get him

I quite enjoyed mumfords set when I saw them last summer, people say there songs sounding the same but it didnt stop oasis having a great career for 20 years.

I quite enjoyed mumfords set when I saw them last summer, people say there songs sounding the same but it didnt stop oasis having a great career for 20 years.

Any Oasis fan who doesn't admit their last 3/4 albums were all the same regurgitated bollocks is in denial though. Their first couple were brilliant, but then they clearly lost whatever originality they had

Any Oasis fan who doesn't admit their last 3/4 albums were all the same regurgitated bollocks is in denial though. Their first couple were brilliant, but then they clearly lost whatever originality they had

Oasis just got lucky with there timing of coming out and the same with blur. All the britpop bollox we all got sucked in by, ladette culture, festivals getting popular etc etc.

Erm, have you seen how successful The 20/20 experience has been? Suit and tie and Mirrors are both huge songs, and that's two of many hits he's had. I'd argue Justin Timberlake is most definitely headline material.

Without a doubt! He's one where people buy not even being big fans. Why sub when he could sell headline shows out that would mean fests needed to give him a headline spot. 8 years out the uk scene I think, he'd be a massive pull and V and T will gain a lot from it. He could do T & Glasto but I see V

I think he would put on a good show wherever he plays, but I think he will do somewhere next year. I rule out Wireless or anything smaller as he would want to do the bigger places and bigger paydays, so thats V and T and Glasto. I still think either the first two or Glasto

I think he would put on a good show wherever he plays, but I think he will do somewhere next year. I rule out Wireless or anything smaller as he would want to do the bigger places and bigger paydays, so thats V and T and Glasto. I still think either the first two or Glasto

You don't get big paydays at Glastonbury.

You surely do in terms of music sales post-event. I've seen no statistics, but I'd hazard a guess that Glastonbury headliners make more money through the post-festival music and ticket sales alone than the fees V's headliners get paid for headlining - which more than makes up for Glasto offering a third of what V offers to headline acts.

You surely do in terms of music sales post-event. I've seen no statistics, but I'd hazard a guess that Glastonbury headliners make more money through the post-festival music and ticket sales alone than the fees V's headliners get paid for headlining - which more than makes up for Glasto offering a third of what V offers to headline acts.

Pretty much spot on, especially with the coverage they get on bbc. It's also the prestige of headlining Glastonbury, certainly looks good on the cv.

Pretty much spot on, especially with the coverage they get on bbc. It's also the prestige of headlining Glastonbury, certainly looks good on the cv.

Thats what I was meaning. The overall package of exposure at glasto would help anyone sell more. Does anyone know if the Rolling Stones are bringing out a new album anytime soon?