thewayiam

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can not believe this as I am bit of a fan of both of them, I am ok in iminting it, but I am going to Weston park and their has been nothing announced very engorged about it. Weston miss out again!

I can not believe this as I am bit of a fan of both of them, I am ok in iminting it, but I am going to Weston park and their has been nothing announced very engorged about it. Weston miss out again!

Weston's always been seen as the less important sibling. Probably because all the London z-listers go to Essex. I had very optimistically hoped it'd be a fairer balance with MTV taking over things but obviously not :(

Weston's always been seen as the less important sibling. Probably because all the London z-listers go to Essex. I had very optimistically hoped it'd be a fairer balance with MTV taking over things but obviously not :(

Youd have thought they'd have done it at weston so MTV ain't got to drag the Geordie shore retards so far

Looks like lucy closier is playing in the village at chelmsford friday and saturday on the ATM stage according to their facebook post. I have the line up on my tablet but cant upload it onto here because i cant do it :-P but if anyone on a computer wants to link to it feel free so others can see it

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes you are right I am not a massive radio 1 fan but what a line up with the likes of foos, Florence, vaccines, Jamie T, catfish and the bottleneck, swiftly, ben Howard, snoopy dog and jungle. The radio 1team who produces and confirms the line up should get a massive pay raise and the V festival team should get the sack especially 20 anniversary and all that.

Not surprised V have been a bit quiet on twitter today, the free Big Weekend shits all over this £200 mess :lolz:

It's not actually that much stronger than V overall except the top of the bill - but the top four on the main stage being so much stronger at the Big Weekend will make all the difference to perception and that, so I can understand people being pissed.

The R1BW always has a strong top of the line up, its not that the line up shits all over V's, with a line up like they have they would probably sell out to their target audience if they sold tickets and made it more of a proper festival. With the likes of Jay-Z, Coldplay, Muse, Foos, Swift, Perry, Kasabian, Calvin Harris, Biffy Clyro and Swedish House Mafia all within the last 3 years, any major festival would like to have them. They are all big acts and do make the line up look strong, but its always like that. If R1BW was nearer either site of V then the ticket sales might drop more as locals wouldnt go to V.

Being at R1BW will mean all the acts get more air time on radio, and will probably get more promotion in other areas too, so thats why they will choose to do the big weekend over a bigger single payday at somewhere like V.

It just do frustration that R1BW get amazing headliners and subs and V gets the scraps when you pay nearly £200 a ticket for what. And when big acts would really pay for free R1BW and get the airtime and publicly than get a big pay out at V especially when they is live streaming and youtube to listen to music. Have read into this I am sorry to say I really do thing V is finnished as a main stream poppy festival

It just do frustration that R1BW get amazing headliners and subs and V gets the scraps when you pay nearly £200 a ticket for what. And when big acts would really pay for free R1BW and get the airtime and publicly than get a big pay out at V especially when they is live streaming and youtube to listen to music. Have read into this I am sorry to say I really do thing V is finnished as a main stream poppy festival

Foo fighters and muse amazing? Hmmm big ticket sellers maybe.