V Festival 2013: Your Way

Guest Pothuthic

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah 2004, Steps and other similar bands were only just stopping being big. Thats like Texas or Travis headling this year, just wouldnt happen :P

I wont really get into older music as ill concentrate on who is at V that I have a chance to go see without clashes. Might go see John Newman his new song sounds good :)

Here's my attempt. I've tried to use most of the same bands just in different positions, as there must be a reason most of them were booked in terms of availability and cost :) I couldn't be bothered to do a full line up so a few of the bands on the 2nd and 3rd stage may be placed a little high

Main Stage Main Stage
Beyonce Blur
The Script Paramore
Will.i.am Frank Ocean
Jessie J Two Door Cinema Club
Labrinth Olly Murs
Paloma Faith Scouting for Girls
The Fratellis OCS
2nd Stage 2nd Stage
Stereophonics Calvin Harris
The Courtenners Basement Jaxx
Rev & The Makers Rita Ora
Maximo Park Of Monsters and Men
Everything Everything Conor Maynard
Arena Stage Arena Stage
BRMC Steve Angello
Travis Jaguar Skills
Ellie Goulding The Eels
Katy B McFly
Little Mix Lianna Le Havas

Guitar bands not suited to V... it was founded on guitar music... Black Rebel Motorcycle Club are a fantastic band please for the love of god broaden your musical horizons!

It makes me so sad to look at old V festival line ups and see how good they were and how poor they are now. I'm well aware the poor line up nowadays is a reflection of the current popular music scene which is about as innovative and exciting as dogshit!

1997 was great; Blur, The Prodigy, Kula shaker, beck, foo fighters, placebo, pavement, ash, echo and the bunnymen, chemical brothers and daft punk.

2004 was fantastic, Muse and the strokes at the top of their game. Add to that the pixies, the charlatans, NERD, faithless, Kings of Leon (when they were a kickass rock blues band), massive attack, elbow, BRMC, scissor sisters, kasabian, primal screem, beverly knight, the delays , groove armada, basement jaxxs and a pre-back to black amy winehouse