V Festival 2013: Your Way

Guest Pothuthic

Heya

This is your scenario;

You are called by Richard Branson and told you will be the manager for V 2013.

You are told

- You must accommodate for Pop, Indie and Dance fans, any other is your decision

- Any acts you book must be available that weekend IRL

- You are told you cannot book anyone on the Leeds and Reading line up except for their comedy tent

- You must keep the 5 current stages, you may rename them, but you must keep the stages (Main Stage and 2nd stage outside, Comedy, Arena, Undercover inside)

- You have to keep the two sites concept (well at least two sites)

- You must book pop, indie and dance acts (at least 25 pop and indie and at least 14 dance acts)

The rest is up to you, you have to book at least 75 acts (hey might be a challenge :P) you may book acts that are on the current line up and people that are not, as long as they are free that weekend or not on R&L line up it's fine.

Oh and make it realistic, so no Muse, Killers, KOL, Mumford and the beatles all on undercover etc

Good luck!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would book beyonce, but not Kings Of Leon, instead i'd get Kasabian.

Instead Of Stereophonics, i'd book Paramore.

Instead of the shit (I mean the script), for a sub pop act i'd book Frank Ocean.

Instead of Beady Eye i'd book Kraftwerk, Also basement jaxx would sub stage 2.

Apart from that, there's not alot I could change but o well.

I think naming all 70+ acts will take alot of time, maybe if we just do it stage by stage or something

I started it but I deleted it and started again. Im just doing main stage and top 3 on second and top 3 on arena for now, ill fill in the gaps later :)

I restarted again :P Are we doing it our personal preference or what we think would sell best, or what we think V should have done for suiting everyone. For example, at the moment I have a DJ subbing main, just because I wouldnt want them to headline second stage and I would miss them :P

I restarted again :P Are we doing it our personal preference or what we think would sell best, or what we think V should have done for suiting everyone. For example, at the moment I have a DJ subbing main, just because I wouldnt want them to headline second stage and I would miss them :P

Indie acts I'd add are Vampire Weekend, Alabama Shakes, Primal Scream and Gomez - all somewhere on the second stage.

For pop - have a real soft spot for Bruno Mars, fantastic live and would be a better sub headliner than The Script (as would pretty much anyone).

Would love to have seen either Blur or Coldplay instead of KOL headlining, alternatively perhaps Pulp subbing instead of Stereophonics (nothing against them but have seen them many times and Pulp would just add that more variety over recent years).

If I'm being really picky, would also replace Calvin Harris with Fatboy Slim or The Prodigy as the big dance headliner - although I will probably be watching Calvin anyway.

In TRUE V Fest style, ill announce the announcement will be tomorrow at 10ish...I might delay it if im still asleep :P. I bent the rules a little bit, but there arent too many clashes of the same type of music and I think i know where I would go for most of the time. It will get ripped to shreds by people on here but I took the time to do it and I just finished it now

Here it is, my first draft of a V line up using people that are in the line up currently or are free elsewhere. I bent the rules slightly so I could have Passenger as he would be in America on V days but he is too much of a nice guy to not turn up :P I havent included Futures stage as I would probably have to keep it roughtly how it is as I dont know too many small up and coming acts. I know mumfords wouldnt sub but I would really like to see abit of them, and I really want to see coldplay, so if I threw enough money at Mumfords they might say yeah :P Other placings might be abit odd, and not all the acts are ones I would go see but theres a little something for most people on at least one day. Anyway, Enjoy...and Pothuthic where is your line up? Thought you would have made one by now :P

Main Sat

Coldplay

Mumford and Sons (Wouldn’t happen, oh well)

The Script

Ed Sheeran

Two Door Cinema Club

Fun

Steps

Of Monsters and Men

Second Sat

Steve Angello (special guest Sebastian Ingroso + Axwell, 3 hours)

Will.I.Am (Mixing his own and BEP albums)

Labrinth

Olly Murs

Rizzle Kicks

The Wanted

Little Mix

Arena Sat

Emeli Sande

Ben Howard

Maverick Sabre

Newton Faulker

Passenger

Tim Minchin

Otto Knows

Netsky

Main Sun

Muse

Paramore

Beady Eye

The Vaccines

Stereophonics

Avril Lavigne

Courteeners

Lawson

Second Sun

David Guetta

Calvin Harris

Tinie Tempah

Flo Rida

Rita Ora

DJ Fresh

Rudimental

Macklemore

Arena Sun

Jessie J

Ke$ha

Ellie Goulding

Gabrielle Aplin

Tom Odell

Laura Mvula

Stooshe

Nina Nesbitt

To mix it up a bit, I'd go:

Sat - Main Stage:

Blur

Bruno Mars

Faithless

Vampire Weekend

Olly Murs

Fun Lovin Criminals

Sun - Main Stage:

Coldplay

The Black Keys

Pulp

Rudimental

Belle & Sebastian

Rizzle Kicks

Sat - 2nd Stage:

The Prodigy

Primal Scream

Foals

Labrinth

Jake Bugg

Disclosure

Sun - 2nd Stage:

Dizzee Rascal

Friendly Fires

Hot Chip

Miles Kane

Ladyhawke

She'd Seven

Sat - Arena:

Massive Attack

Jamie T

Lupe Fiasco

Happy Mondays

Kodaline

Lianne La Havas

Sun - Arena:

Kylie Minogue

Groove Armada

Cypress Hill

Frank Turner

The Divine Comedy

Eliza Doolittle

Obviously there would be several more acts in between, but that would be mine - trying to balance musical genres old and new (and who I like) - most additions in between would probably be newer acts and probably more pop...