What spirits are you taking?

Guest Whatkatedidnext

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive just put some chopped strawberries and a few spoons of dissolved sugar in some cheap vodka from Aldi for my fella to take.

The possibilities are endless for fusing, I personally wanted to add Foxes glacier mints, the aniseed and liquorice flavour ones, but he just pointed out it will taste of sambuca and he may as well just buy that then mess about.

Questions regarding Skittles Vodka:

1. What ratio of vodka/skittles is best?

2. What flavour skittle is the best for this?

3. How does it taste - i.e. can you taste the vodka or is it really sweet?

4. Is it best to drink straight or mix with lemonade etc?

5. Is it worth all the effort?

Not made skittles vodka myself but a friend made a batch as a birthday present for someone and had made several small bottles for each different colour of sweet. Don't know how much sweets he used but they were lovely and you could barely taste the alcohol, could quite easily have drunk it straight.

Skittles is the most effort, they leave loads of gunk that needs to be filtered out, I suggest you buy a little bottle of vodka and a pack of your favourite sweets, I find boiled sweets are easiest, you just put them in the bottle and wait, it's hardly any effort, iv done sour skittles this year and seperated out the flavours, don't kid yourself its still going to taste like vodka but the sugar and flavours do make it ok to shot at 1pm. it's very good for groups and getting to know your neighbours as everyone loves the "homemade" gimmick,

This isn't entirely on topic but seeing as it's an alcohol thread, where would I get an over 18's wristband from? I'm 24 but look about 16 and I don't want to be carrying ID around with me all the time. Also had a problem with my ID at a festival last weekend, they almost didn't accept my driving licence because it's one of the old ones (still in date) that doesn't have a hologram thingy on! Luckily someone who knew what he was talking about showed up otherwise there would have been shouting.

I'm going to buy a 1.5ltr bottle of vodka and make 1ltr of Cherrydrop vodka and keep the rest for mixing with some Fanta from the ice cream vans. The rest of my boooze will just be wine and beer.