What spirits are you taking?

Guest Whatkatedidnext

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've still got a bottle of Mars Bar vodka in the freezer that I've been to scared to try since I made it.

Do you take mixers with you? I think I'll buy them from the shop there? It's a shame we haven't got the car. All this talk of rum has now got me wondering. I'm feeling quite left out!

i always take as much beer as possible and the last few years, a box of wine

as for spirits, not a clue. i always take vodka and then end up just not drinking it. when i'm in an already delicate state vodka is not what i want to be drinking, so might try spiced rum this year, and possibly make a flavoured vodka - cherry drops sounds like a good one. are there places that sell cold 1.5 / 2 litre bottles of coke on site? all the alcohol weighs enough as it is without giant bottles of mixers

I made cherry drop vodka in 2011 aswell as pineapple chunks, pear drops, cola cubes and sour apple, all I say is the cherry drop was the worsed it just tasted medicated like caugh syrup, this year I have made super sour skittles, iv seperated the flavours and have used 20 packs to 2.5l of waitrose own brand triple filtered vodka, had to put it through coffe filters a few times as the skittles leave lots of gunk in the liquid, I found boiled sweets easier but I love sour skittles

1 litre of Vodka, brand not important. + cheapo energy drink mixer

Biggest bottle of Sailor Jerry I can find + coke

Plus a crate of the best value for money premium cider I find on the day I go to buy booze :)

Oh and I'll obviously be visiting bars/cider bus on the regular for when I'm lazy

Edited by garokev

Probably amaretto.

At other festivals (where you have to smuggle alcohol into the arena) we used to take vodka in a water bottle - the security didn't know the difference. Then just topped it up with coke from the bars.

So I'm also debating whether to buy litre bottles of coke each day on site and just swig 1/4 of it and fill the rest up with amaretto or just buy coke from the bars again. Topped up with some cider and jobs a good'un.

I made cherry drop vodka in 2011 aswell as pineapple chunks, pear drops, cola cubes and sour apple, all I say is the cherry drop was the worsed it just tasted medicated like caugh syrup, this year I have made super sour skittles, iv seperated the flavours and have used 20 packs to 2.5l of waitrose own brand triple filtered vodka, had to put it through coffe filters a few times as the skittles leave lots of gunk in the liquid, I found boiled sweets easier but I love sour skittles

Gonna bring amerreto, pre mix a 2l bottle of pimms (complete with fruit in seperate bag to add), most likely JD and some mini bottles of coke. Considering rose wine but know this is a disaster waiting for happen if do cider all day then rose it ain't gonna mix well!! but b***ger it I'll probably bring that too lol

Biggest decision is what beer /cider to bring as everything I normally drink is in bottles (corona, peroni etc) all the nice ciders all rend to be in bottles too and not sure can face strongbow any more so looking at koppaberg of brothers (if I can find it that is)

I've still got a bottle of Mars Bar vodka in the freezer that I've been to scared to try since I made it.

Do you take mixers with you? I think I'll buy them from the shop there? It's a shame we haven't got the car. All this talk of rum has now got me wondering. I'm feeling quite left out!

I bought blueberry and some other berry vodka, expression vodka and vodka with something and dragon fruit, but then thinking about it its probably all the sugar in the homemade flavoured vodkas that keeps me gong to gong to make cherry pip and raspberry and kiwi and werthers :-)

Im making some skittles vodka this week, not decided if im making the one bottle or 5 smaller bottles of separate flavours. Ive also made some lime and strawberry vodka with real fruit. Because im coming in someone elses van rather than the car as normal im having to restrain myself, im already worried about carrying the 36 cans of brothers on my person with all the other stuff.