super long weather forecast!

Guest dessie rascal

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tbh, weather reports are only really accurate a day or 2 before. I was working 8hrs a day in 2010 and ended up with heat-stroke, although i'd still take that over 2011's weather! Just remember to keep hydrated (and bring re-hydration sachets, they brought me back to life in 2010!) :D

All weather forecasts are a complete waste of time. Even the ones a day before the event. I have lost count of the number of times a 1 day weather forecast has been completely wrong.

Statistically, predicting that tomorrow's weather will be the same as today's is more accurate than any 'real' weather forecast.

All weather forecasts are a complete waste of time. Even the ones a day before the event. I have lost count of the number of times a 1 day weather forecast has been completely wrong.

Statistically, predicting that tomorrow's weather will be the same as today's is more accurate than any 'real' weather forecast.

The weather is dragging out the winter into april, so our recent customary baking hot spring weather will occur in June.

If we got near 30c in March '11 and it rained over the festival then I would like to think that our snowy April means we'll get nice weather over the festival.

We deserve it! Weve been good! Please Santa, all I want for Glastonbury is sunshine and NFR NFC :imsohappy:

2010 was the best for weather. Having been to the hottest and the wettest on record there really should be no debate as far as I'm concerned!

If it doesn't rain you can park your bum anywhere,

if it doesn't rain the atmosphere is even more ridiculous,

If it doesn't rain then you will be happier than if it does! Surely!?

Much easier to get cool than to get dry!!!

(weather forecasts are in my opinion made up btw but can't help check and speculate!)

I wish everyone in attendance a great festival

If we believe in rotational bad weather then 2013 will be a scorcher as 2012 was horrible but fallow, 2011 was mixed , 2010 was good, 2009 was mixed, 2008 ok 2007 horrible.

If we believe in global warming and extremes, then we have had our summer bring your wellies

• 3 weeks later...

Of the Glastos I have done these are my recollections of the weather :-

2011 - It Rained

2010 - HOT NO RAIN = PERFECTION

2009 - It Rained

2008 - It Rained

2007 - It Rained A LOT !!!!

2005 - It Rained A LOT !!!!

2004 - It Rained

2003 - It Rained a bit but otherwise DEAL !

2002 - It Rained a bit but otherwise DEAL !

2000 - It Rained a bit but otherwise DEAL !

1999 - WARM & Dry - DEAL !

1998 - It Rained A LOT !!!!

1997 - It Rained A LOT !!!!

So out of the 13 I have been to, only ONE YEAR had no rain at all on any of the 5 days and that was 2010.

I'm not sure about 1999 - I don't remember rain but we may have had a few spots ???