There has to be a better way to buy tickets

Guest purell

btw here is a lesson in never giving up (tho i did) back in 2004 was the first year i ever missed out on Glasto. Gutted and not being able to face the tv coverage we went to a friends house for the weekend only to come home and find a message on the answerphoe that we had passes sorted from a friend ofours who worked on the carnival side of things...all we had to do was dress up as tigers i think! Never give up people, there is always a way...if you know the right people of course

Edited by daveinafield

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

btw here is a lesson in never giving up (tho i did) back in 2004 was the first year i ever missed out on Glasto. Gutted and not being able to face the tv coverage we went to a friends house for the weekend only to come home and find a message on the answerphoe that we had passes sorted from a friend ofours who worked on the carnival side of things...all we had to do was dress up as tigers i think! Never give up people, there is always a way...if you know the right people of course

In which case I wish they could reduce the' throttle' a bit in October to make the ticket thing last all day and night, it would mean the truly committed and desparate Glasto goers get a better chance of getting tickets because they would keep on persevering for hours on end

But then again selling out in 1 hour or 2 hours always seems to make the news and is great PR for the festival. Just a bit painful for us lot on T day

daveinafield, on 30 Apr 2013 - 5:13 PM, said:

as i say its different with kids, not disliking it at all

well, you disliked it enough to not go with it. :P

The point I was trying to get across was that without these coach packages existing, you wouldn't have had the chance to knock back a ticket of any kind, because (if everything you'd tried previous to getting that page had been the same) all the tickets would have sold out before then.

And then you quite possibly wouldn't be posting about the sales system at all, because you'd have quite possibly accepted "sold out" easier than you would have nearly getting a ticket as you did. Do you see what I mean?

====

I've no idea about kids with a working ticket, soz. Ask the boss you'd be working for.

I think that the whole process of in putting reg details, selecting your type of ticket and payment should be on one page (if possible). That way once you are through you can complete your transaction quickly and in one go. That way you're out of the way and the next slot is open for the people who are being stopped at the holding page. The constant dropping out from the 3 pages you have to go through to be successful is arse clenchingly frustrating.

I have had a completely mixed bag over the years. 2009 got straight through and was all done by 09.20. 2010 got a ticket in the main sale right at the death. 2011 had to get a coach ticket package in the resale and didn't even get a sniff of the website in the October sale this time around.

Definitely being very organised is the best way i would say.

I like this random system of having unannounced ticket re-sales, i think it does fit the "If you really want one you get one. And therefore the process is fine" statement, and is a much better idea than 2011's one off final re-sale.