Old Gits and Hags Meet 2013

Guest DaveMac

Hello again one and all - long time no speak on this forum! Have come out of hibernation now lol :)

Do people think there should be another 'Old Gits and Hags' get together again this year?

We did rather have a lot of fun at the the last Glasto as I remember.. ;)

I would be happy to organise something if there is the demand..

Let me know what you all think..

Best Wishes

Dave

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last years trip was epic Dave. I started off with you all, then ended up meeting you all again in the early hours. I had a great time.

Put me down again please, I'm guessing the're will be lots more interest in any 'Meet' threads after re-sale day.

Well I don't think at the age of 31 that i qualify as an Old Git or indeed Hag but I do find myself groaning a bit when I get up off the couch and thinking that music certainly isn't what it used to be. Depending on the plans I may well pop along to say hello at some point. Everyone knows older people rave best (when I say rave I mean wander around complaing and looking slightly confused ;) )

I briefly joined the Old Gits and Hags meet, twice iirc, at the Cider Bus at the start, and after the Robot Meet. Would happily spend more time moaning about the world with you guys this time.

Okay well there does seem to be a bit of interest so I will pick up the torch and run with it. :)

What consitutes an Old Git/Hag? Well we certainly are not ageist but quite a few of us last time had a few (or more) grey hairs but that isn't important. It is just an excuse to have a lot of fun on the Thursday evening - everyone welcome really. Just get into the spirit of being a miserable Old Git or Hag... ;)

Meeting at the Cider Bus and go to a few different places around the site. Quite a few of us had Victor Meldrew masks and created a bit of a stir especially when we were bouncing around at the 70's disco up at Park area. lol

I will get a bit more organised nearer the date. I will try to get some more efest Old Gits/Hags badges made if there is sufficient interest. They were quite collectable last time around. :)

Keep the comments coming. Nothing is planned so I am open to decent suggestions on where to go and what to see on the Thursday night. Bear in mind we cannot guarentee good weather though...

PS Even got an interview on Radio Somerset (which was a bit unexpected) ;)

Edited by DaveMac

Count me in. I'm in that flipping photo that's turned up again on this thread!

I still have my badge, but gave my mask away to some young lads in Shangri- La at silly o'clock in the morning. I promise not to spend all day drinking cocktails at the tent before finding you all and so may a/ remember something and b/ need a little less looking after!

Hello again one and all - long time no speak on this forum! Have come out of hibernation now lol :)

Do people think there should be another 'Old Gits and Hags' get together again this year?

We did rather have a lot of fun at the the last Glasto as I remember.. ;)

I would be happy to organise something if there is the demand..

Let me know what you all think..

Best Wishes

Dave