Grooverider Sunday night

Guest LOCHLAND5

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the bottom of your profile back in the day you went to the cutting crew, slade and jermain stewart, think the dance tent might get a bit lairy for you, best join the old bearded men in wallahs ! The only pow pow pow you're likely to hear is the sound of the hotpots black puddings battering off your head. Dance ? Er no thanks, lippy might take u up on the offer tho

According to the bottom of your profile back in the day you went to the cutting crew, slade and jermain stewart, think the dance tent might get a bit lairy for you, best join the old bearded men in wallahs !

The only pow pow pow you're likely to hear is the sound of the hotpots black puddings battering off your head.

Dance ? Er no thanks, lippy might take u up on the offer tho

Edited by LOCHLAND5

Never went to bobby jones in Ayr , did do the pavilion , and also the legendary eurodance nights in prestwick airport , best one ever was Easter 92 , M people live , mike Pickering djing, pete tong and njoi live .

But no matter what the best thing I ever went to in Scotland was technodrome !

Al post a video below

Never went to bobby jones in Ayr , did do the pavilion , and also the legendary eurodance nights in prestwick airport , best one ever was Easter 92 , M people live , mike Pickering djing, pete tong and njoi live .

But no matter what the best thing I ever went to in Scotland was technodrome !

Al post a video below

Ha it's not me but see them hat and ginger wig combos always been the rage , I'd retired Dom going out in Scotland by spring 93 to much trouble for a piss taking Englishman ! It got messy ! Great days though !

Utah saints will have done a PA for streetrave at the piv if I remember rightly!

So I've found a dance partner for grooverider Cnumb !

Now we gotta make it special , so may I suggest while we are stomping al be shouting "work that tablet "

You shout " pump them powders "

Looking back I think I was always a rock & indie kinda guy at heart but some of the tunes and nights out from those days were incredible. Youve got to feel sorry for the youth of today. Were loaded on nostalgia, cider and woo woo`s tonight in our kitchen. 2 more from you chubb that bring back fond memories.....

http://youtu.be/ixMWhpg0iXU

You know what I demand that KC let me take over the calling out stage on the Saturday night from 11 pm onwards I could curate the old school rave tent it would be amazing !!!!!!!!

If Craig Charles can play his funk , I should do a club classics retro slot !

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/1ZcMgZYnN20

Aim higher sir... Calling Out ??? I`ll stick on a couple of examples that ( hopefully ) prove there is still a market for live performances of music from the era we`ve been yammering on about. In 2009 I was sitting on the top of the hill with the weans ( aged 4 ) fast asleep in prams sipping on a cold beer with the present Mrs CN at roughly 1am watching the crowds return to the main stage arena to watch / dance to Utah Saints. The Zutons had been the headliner and then we had the burning / fireworks etc. I think Wickerman exploit a license issue with the " live " band playing before midnight and the dj set ( no "live " band ) continuing into the wee hours. Kendal could do the same for the Lochland Session. As you can see the crowd returned in massive numbers to the main arena. Same happened in 2010 with 808 state after The Charlatans had been the "official" closing headliner before midnight. At 1am you can really get the crowd going and when it`s cold and dark we need to dance to keep warm /awake. Its a win win. Dig out your old cd`s.....the young team will love it and one or two of us auld yins can stand at the back and say I was there back in the day.Tis a bit of a racket at the start but captures the moment / excitement of everyone heading back into the arena........<br /><br />http://youtu.be/_iUKoYuTdn4<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

Edited by comfortablynumb1910

• 2 weeks later...

The lochman sessions are coming along nicely we have agreed fees and the contract is on my desk just holding out to see if the announce the hotpots if they do I'm pulling out ! Gonna drop in as many remixes as I can of previous headliners from the 90s which won't be hard ! Gonna kick it off with James come home the weatherall remix

Check out this video on YouTube: