Hands up if you hate the hotpots

Guest LOCHLAND5

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was an artical in the finacial times a couple of years back. It dates back to the time down the mines when people used to have jam sandwiches because jam was one of the few things folk could taste. As ventilation in the mines got better some folk started putting meat in their sandwiches and it was claimed that folk who ate j sandwiches werent rich enough to afford meat. Therefore they are jam eaters, both sides claim the others are jam eaters and the terms used by both to insult each other as a way to say they are poor

Ahhh I now know why thanks.

Did you know the mines were owned by the lowther family and were reportedly the worst and most dangerous mines in this country, it's the same family generations down the line that own the site of kendal calling!

That's why you will find a Lonsdale street or lowther street in Whitehaven and other west Cumbrian towns.

I refuse to bow down to peer presure and say no to the hotpots !!! I refuse to say no to anyone. If the organisers feel fit to book someone i dont like then i will not start a thread against that act, i will mearly use the time to drink, enjoy the atmosphere, catch one of the other acts playing at the time or just take a nap.

I WILL NOT SAY NO

I WILL INSTEAD SAY YES TO KENDAL CALLING!!!!

Could you not just put a load of beer back in the wood shed and we'll all go back there for a few hours an get tanked up whilst moaning about the pots well out of earshot of chippy tea ? Sure ul have a few wheely bins and some sawdust lying about for the authentic feel in case of emergencies !

Could you not just put a load of beer back in the wood shed and we'll all go back there for a few hours an get tanked up whilst moaning about the pots well out of earshot of chippy tea ? Sure ul have a few wheely bins and some sawdust lying about for the authentic feel in case of emergencies !

On the hotpots. I thought James were tremendous at Kendal last year but would not want to see them back in 2013,2014 & 2015 so, in my opinion, why the f*ck would it be credible to have the hotpots on 4 years in a row ???

I think thats a fair view point and in no way detrimental to Kendal Calling as a whole ?