The 2013 prediction game thread!

Guest jump

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In which case, I couldn't put a pretty much revealed headliner into my prediction so the theory that I will is plain bull.

Also, I have until Monday to add, change, whatever I want to do to my prediction. There are no set rules on what you can/can't include in any change, as far as I know?

Friday

Black Sabbath

SOAD

YYYs

Deftones

BMTH

Wu-Tang Clan

Alt-J

Jake Bugg

Django Django

Saturday

Eminem

The Xx

Dizzee Rascal

Vampire Weekend

The Enemy

Miles Kane

Editors

Frank Turner

Modest Mouse

Sunday

Biffy Clyro

NIN

FOB

Foals

NoFx

Killswitch Engage

Kraftwerk

Hot Chip

Tame Impala

Edited by Hubert Cumberdale

I always find the NME stage a hard one to guess. You can have huge acts like The Streets subbing and an act like Foster the People who I don't consider that big at all.

Not sure how big JB is. He's got a top 10 album and another one on the way with some big names on it. Headline dance perhaps.

Either way, you pointing out me missing out Foals has meant that I've dropped JB anyway! Cheers!

Edited by Hubert Cumberdale

Im trying to do my prediction again, and im really struggling trying to fit all the names in, Im looking at past line ups and past the top 3 maybe 4 of main stage and then below headliner on NME it seems its much smaller names on the bill.

That and I have absolutely no idea the acts that NME push, Parma Violets, Tribes, Alt J, Jake Bugg etc Ive heard the names but Ive not heard one song by any of them. Oh well.

Oh don't get me wrong, there's plenty of bands that NME promote that are very talented. I was more commenting about how bands like these seem to be hyped for a year and then forgotton about. How talented those bands are go from awful to awesome - it's NMEs treatment of them that is the similarity.