Headliners

Guest rossm18

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be quite honest, I rate Plan B highly as I do with Chase & Status. I think it's just because their popularity has risen so fast a lot of people don't see them as viable headliners. Obviously a mainstream approach but Rockness have been going down that route since 2010, so I'd say it's fine for what they're trying to achieve.

Sadly, we've experienced the glory days/lineups of 2006-2009.

Really can't see Deadmau5 playing 2 years in a row. Didn't rate him at all last year, saw him at Barrowlands in 2010 (which was immense) and T 2011 and I just don't think his show works outside, especially when it's not dark when he starts playing. I also thought it was way too quiet last year for him on the main stage, could easily have a conversation with my mates beside me and that just completely kills the vibe.

If Plan B is on the lineup, then I cant see them announcing him until after his tour shows (14th), which would be stretching an announcement even more, which may then also run close to T's announcement. From those acts, I'd say Chase and Status is most likely, Deadmau5 wont play again so soon, RN is still a relatively new fest, they dont need to get in the repeat headline game yet

Edited by Chiefski

If Plan B is on the lineup, then I cant see them announcing him until after his tour shows (14th), which would be stretching an announcement even more, which may then also run close to T's announcement. From those acts,

I'd say Chase and Status is most likely, Deadmau5 wont play again so soon, RN is still a relatively new fest, they dont need to get in the repeat headline game yet

If Plan B is on the lineup, then I cant see them announcing him until after his tour shows (14th), which would be stretching an announcement even more, which may then also run close to T's announcement. From those acts, I'd say Chase and Status is most likely, Deadmau5 wont play again so soon, RN is still a relatively new fest, they dont need to get in the repeat headline game yet

Why all the negative comments before a single act has even been announced?

It's as if some people are hoping on a poor line up just so they can be critical.

If we were to get huge acts, the ticket price would need to go right up and going by the comments over people losing out on £99 tickets and having to pay an 'outrageous' £139 (which I need to pay) I don't think that would go down very well. So I think they are limited to what acts can be booked, especially with TITP having more spending power to snap up acts.

Then you have the question of what acts are actually available to play, we would all love Daft Punk, The Prodigy, QOTSA etc and i'm sure if they were available they would be booked. I have no doubt that the team booking the acts try and snap up the best of who's available for that weekend. I'll be looking to see who's playing the undercard more than the headliners anyway, there's usually a gem or 2 in there :)

Edited by skinzo