Tickets on sale for 2013, so about time we started the wishlist!

Guest liarliar

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As your a big fan of his, any advice on What david byrne stuff I should listen to start with?

of stuff under his own name, 'The Catherine Wheel', and 'My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts' with Eno. Those two are essential I reckon.

There's highlights and lowlights in the rest of his own stuff, tho as a generalisation it's all more downbeat than those two and the TH stuff.

of stuff under his own name, 'The Catherine Wheel', and 'My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts' with Eno. Those two are essential I reckon.

There's highlights and lowlights in the rest of his own stuff, tho as a generalisation it's all more downbeat than those two and the TH stuff.

So. Third announcement:

Warpaint (interesting, not really my thing but I suspect they'll get a decent reaction)

Dinosaur Jr (!!! great)

Allo Darlin'

The Staves

Cass McCombs

Birthday Girl

Dawes

Cayucas

East India Youth

Ethan Johns

Leisure Society

The Staves

(Taken from Line of Best Fit, who seem to have jumped the gun on EOTR)

Edited by Infinite Jest

That's a seriously good bunch of bands. Allo Darlin, Leisure Soc, Dawes, especially. Clashes are already the biggest worry. 48 bands announced now, and there were 85 last year so we may have another 35-40 acts to come!!

Having said all that, I can sort of understand some people being disappointed - the 'beard & banjo' brigade seem much less in evidence. For me though the lineup is more varied than ever and deeply exciting. Bring it on!