Sziget 2013

Guest Uncle Liam

all you need to do is go to your bank before you go and let them know what country your going to be in then they wont block it for purchases made in that country its what i did this year, and i bought a tent from the supermarket this year too, it was a 4man tent and it cost £60, if you need to buy a tent to take over then id wait and buy one there instead, but if you already have one then it would be cheaper to bring it over as luggage

How likely is it that the main acts will be announced before the tickets go on sale? Considering doing a city break with a couple of days at the festival, and as it's only around £35 for a day ticket this works pretty well. I think there are some cheap hotels quite close to the festival so it makes it the perfect place really.

Ideally I'd know whose playing what days before I bought any tickets!

I know some of this has been touched on already but I've never been so really keen to find out as much as possible before I commit!

Usually the tickets go on sale long time before the first acts are announced. Last year tickets went on sale mid-November and the first act, The Stone Roses, was announced mid-December. Other headliners were announced in January, February, April and June.

A daily schedule can't be expected before May or June, but many bands announce their date of performance on their own website before that. These dates are collected on several websites and can be collected on this forum too. *idea*

I think the best time to make a choice would be just before early bird sales ends, which usually is at the end of April.

Probably by that time flights will be more expensive than now, but I'm not that much into flying to Sziget. I rather make it an adventurous trip by car or train with several stops on the way.

Public transport in Budapest is good, at night too! From the station close to the festival a suburban train to the city centre leaves about each 20-30 minutes at night. And in the centre the tram on the main road (the roundway / "korut") is running the whole night through about each 10 minutes, so you can get close to almost every accommodation in the centre.

i used the see tickets link on here, everything worked fine n got sent a physical ticket, people encouraged to use sziget uk website as it tells sziget where everyones coming from n get more acts popular in that country

kings of leon been announced for fewstivals would love them at sziget!