Sziget 2013

Guest Uncle Liam

I think Daft Punk can be considered the first legit rumor. There are heavy rumors Daft Punk will play at least five European festivals in summer 2013 and one of them happens to be in the same week as Sziget (Oya Festival, Norway, 7th-11th). If those rumors are right, chances are high for Sziget too. On the other hand, how expensive would Daft Punk be? I would love them to be one of the headliners, but I'm a bit afraid they cost too much for Sziget.

Green Day and Arcade Fire would be nice too, but I don't see any signs for them being around in the beginning of August yet. Did you already see any info that makes them likely? Otherwise I consider them just as likely as any other random act.

I think Daft Punk can be considered the first legit rumor. There are heavy rumors Daft Punk will play at least five European festivals in summer 2013 and one of them happens to be in the same week as Sziget (Oya Festival, Norway, 7th-11th). If those rumors are right, chances are high for Sziget too. On the other hand, how expensive would Daft Punk be? I would love them to be one of the headliners, but I'm a bit afraid they cost too much for Sziget.

Green Day and Arcade Fire would be nice too, but I don't see any signs for them being around in the beginning of August yet. Did you already see any info that makes them likely? Otherwise I consider them just as likely as any other random act.

the rumours are completely baseless tho. Why and how would an inexperienced music photographer get hold of that sort of info, when no one else has?

That doesn't mean that Daft Punk won't be touring, just that after looking into it I don't believe there's any truth at the source of this rumour.

I always bought me tickets through Sziget UK (szigetfest.co.uk), always worked fine. They offer payment by bank transfer, which usually works out a few pints cheaper than See and the Hungarian website. Also they send e-tickets immediately, so I never worried about getting my ticket in time. :)

The ticket prices for Sziget 2012 were released in October:

Full week with camping:

195 euro (157 quid) before May 1st, after that 225 euro (182 quid)

5 days without camping:

165 euro (133 quid) before May 1st, after that 195 euro (157 quid)

Day tickets:

40 euro (32 quid) before May 1st, after that 45 euro (36 quid)

I guess ticket prices for Sziget 2013 will be released in October again.

Last year the first act was announced in December and after that there were several rounds of confirmations:

15.12.2011: The Stone Roses

24.01.2012: Placebo, Hurts, The Horrors, The Subways, Crystal Fighters, Mando Diao, Noah And The Whale, Friendly Fires

20.02.2012: Korn, dEUS, The Vaccines, Steve Aoki, Axwell, Magnetic Man, Two Door Cinema Club, Beatsteaks, Caro Emerald, Bebel Gilberto, Ministry

21.03.2012: LMFAO, The XX, The Ting Tings, Paolo Nutini, Anna Calvi, Glasvegas, Katzenjammer, Flying Lotus, Fink

29.03.2012: whole World Music Stage line up (a.o. The Pogues)

23.04.2012: The Killers, Lamb, Borgore, Crookers, DJ Fresh, Dope D.O.D., Dirtyphonics, High Contrast, Tiga, Azari & III, Modeselektor, The Black Seeds, Wild Beasts, Kakkmaddafakka, Flux Pavilion, Saint Etienne, Anti Flag, Gocoo, Heideroosjes

24.05.2012: Maximo Park, The Roots, Kraak & Smaak, Agnes Obel, Beardyman, Citizens, Bonaparte

22.06.2012: Snoop Dogg, Sum 41, Leftfield, SebastiAn, Aly & Fila, DJ Lange ft. Betsie Larkin

25.06.2012: Dimmu Borgir, Lacuna Coil, Hammerfall, Moonspell, Ignite, Superbutt

In between there were also quite many smaller announcements.

Edited by Cristall

I always bought me tickets through Sziget UK (szigetfest.co.uk), always worked fine. They offer payment by bank transfer, which usually works out a few pints cheaper than See and the Hungarian website. Also they send e-tickets immediately, so I never worried about getting my ticket in time. :)

The ticket prices for Sziget 2012 were released in October:

Full week with camping:

195 euro (157 quid) before May 1st, after that 225 euro (182 quid)

5 days without camping:

165 euro (133 quid) before May 1st, after that 195 euro (157 quid)

Day tickets:

40 euro (32 quid) before May 1st, after that 45 euro (36 quid)

I guess ticket prices for Sziget 2013 will be released in October again.

Edited by thetime