The Gaslight Anthem - Handwritten

Guest Skynny

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was discussing this is another thread I earlier they may well be big one day but I find them so bland and the song writing is absolutely dreadful maybe their weakest feature.

You've obviously never listened to there lyrics properly, bet you're buzzin' for Enter Shitkari and OFWGKTA aren't you mate haha

"hey hey turn the record over" and other such lyrics are cringeworthy. I think the acts you listed that you think I like on par with their them.

And no I'm buzzin' for Tool, Deftones, Radiohead, Porcupine Tree, Talking Heads, Nine Inch Nails, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Pixies, System of a Down etc.

Don't get all the hype about a poor mans E Street Band.

I disagree with that, there's a few acts like Against Me, Monster Magnet, Red Sovine, Tenacious D, Beans On Toast etc where it's all

about the lyrics for me.

Good example using Against Me! There Lyrics mean everything

Not had a chance to listen to the new album yet, loved the 1st 2 and the 2nd was a bit too meh otherwise I'm looking forward to it.

What makes you think I'm not?

For the majority I need at least decent lyrics to enjoy most stuff the same way bad lyrics could put me off a song but saying that there are acts like Rammstein, Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra where I enjoy them without even caring about the lyrics. One of my favourite bands is Big D & The Kids Table soundwise they are good ska punk band but not brilliant but what ultimately made me a bigger fan of them is the lyrics where after I listening 1 of their songs for 99th time I can still listen to it for the lyrics and think about them, for the stories they tell, there attitude towards life and I even bought the frontman's book which is made up of poems and lyrics he wrote and it's not even about writing great lyrics either it's about the attiude of them as I find myself agreeing with it..

Those acts I mentioned above got me listening to them because of the lyrics, take away the lyrics and I doubt I would be a fan still.

Edited by AcademicPistol