T in the Park 2013

Guest Chiefski

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kraftwerk could sell 30k on their own but they won't attract enough people that want to stay the whole weekend or even just one day of it. There's nothing else similar enough. I can't understand the booking but then I don't understand why T has gone the way it has unless it's in real trouble. I shall most probably be at the Scottish Open at Castle Stuart that weekend reminiscing about the halcyon days of good music and good times. Those that are going check out Imagine Dragons and Modestep. they're about the only 2 I would look forward to seeing.

Putting this out there, may be very wrong but hey.

The Prodigy to get announced for Wireless tomorrow with JT/Jay Z and then The Prodigy to get announced for T Saturday Night Radio 1 headliner Thursday. Part of me says, they'll bag JT but I think The Prodigy is more likely.

They got Pulp as a sub the other year, can't remember who did it last year so can't comment but it's possible.

If so, I think it could be quite likely that R&L have got them as a exclusive above SOAD

Riiiiiight. Couple of things on here are confusing me here so could someone point me out where I'm going wrong.

People on here often blast these acts who don't play "real instruments" etc and so forforth, so TiTP announce Mumford and Sons.

17.jpg

People moan like shit, then Phoenix get announced, and I'm going to be honest here folks from listening to them on youtube Devilman had it spot on in his assertion of "indie landfill", I don't mind that, I like that genre of music but by christ they are nothing special and are in no way really different to mumford and sons. It's just people wanting to "appear" hipster by declaring that because Mumford and Sons are well known to the masses and get plenty of radio time over here they must be shit. While the lesser known Phoenix are "amazeballs", aye, good.

Then Guetta gets announced, immediately people again moan, "not one of those d.j's again"

4861407-97444-david-guetta-performing-li

David Guetta seen here performing, much to the disdain of many on here, on a computer.

coachella_saturday_night_4_Kraftwerk.jpg

Meanwhile Kraftwerk get announced *fap fap fap fap*. Jesus Christ people at least be consistent, It's because of "acts" like Kraftwerk that have the likes of Guetta doing so well, I'm probably looking too far into this but the contradictory stances by many on here is baffling, kraftwerk will be tremendous to listen to I suppose if you were in the nightclubs in the 70's/80's getting your nat king, as is they are fucking dreadful without the nostalgia factor, even worse than Guetta.

If a tree was to fall with no one around, how many posters on eFests buy the album and demand it to be a headliner? Hipsters boil my piss. Take a large can of man the fuck up, listen to music and like it regardless of whether millions of others do.

the point is its david guetta, he wastes a lot of set time by doing absolutely crap and hes not even that good a dj and produces mediocre pop songs. He's become the embezzlement of hatred to djs. If a good dj ala fatboy slim, carl cox etc. were announced then i dont think there would be as many complaints. Kraftwerk on the other hand a) aren't djs, B) put on one of the greatest visuals for a live show ever and c) come up with good music.

also comparing phoenix to mumford and sons is a bit far fetched because they are quite different, i for one cant stand mumford and sons and would rather stick my head down a drain (maybe because banjos are the most stupid instrument ever invented), but i would love to see phoenix.

Bifocals I am agreeing with something gpars said! FWIW I think all the examples are pretty much pish. Let's not concentrate on negatives though, there's a shit load of them, let's think about positives. The afterburner is in the sunset strip. I have no idea what it is but the the Rock Nessies rave about it so that must make it worth the entrance fee. And 8000 people will get FREE 3D glasses! Rhianna is bound to wear something revealing so that'll keep a few thousand letchers happy. There's a big wheel. Did I mention the big wheel? Oh Loch Fyne Oysters in healthy T. Actually the oysters are probably what I'll miss most this year. There's no X factor as far as I can see but surely that will change.

Hmmmm oysters.

People moan like shit, then Phoenix get announced, and I'm going to be honest here folks from listening to them on youtube Devilman had it spot on in his assertion of "indie landfill", I don't mind that, I like that genre of music but by christ they are nothing special and are in no way really different to mumford and sons. It's just people wanting to "appear" hipster by declaring that because Mumford and Sons are well known to the masses and get plenty of radio time over here they must be shit. While the lesser known Phoenix are "amazeballs", aye, good.

Edited by texas_pedro