T in the Park 2013

Guest Chiefski

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres a thought; why don't all of the real music fans who loved T for what it was buy tickets as soon as possible. Buy all of them! Make sure none of the pop fans get tickets. When next years festival starts everyone can make sure we don't see any of the pop act, just as I do now. It will be massively embarrasing and Geoff won't ever book pop again and pop fans will leave the festival alone.

Wishful thinking! :thumbsu:

Note that I still loved the line-up, I saw 28 bands most of which were great, my annoyance is with the pop fans who go to see these bands and only know 1 song.

T was average this year.

A went for the full weekend n camping.

It is just like t4 on the beech now.

The crowd are pathetic as well , loads a real music fans don't go anymore.

The tent was empty for Phoenix who were the best act of the weekend but its then jam packed for labyrinth when a watch the highlights back .

Had to watch Calvin harris as a deal for someone to watch Phoenix with me and he was rotten, a like his songs but its boring live.

Yeah yeah yeahs we're good as well, again the tent half full.

Seen someone getting smacked with a near full can watching the phonics, out of order the amount of objects getting tossed which can cause damage .

T is ruined for the music and a can understand how people patch it with the amount off arseholes who go

I went to see Beady Eye all on my todd. I actually felt a bit embarrassed at how small the crowd was, and how rubbish the crowd was. It honestly did not go beyond the tarpaulin, the rubbish mid-afternoon pop acts attracted a bigger crowd than the mighty Liam Gallagher. Anyway, despite what anyone says I think they put on a good show, I think on TV Liam comes across as having a very nasal voice, but he doesn't at all actually live. The crowd seemed to be asleep (something Liam commented on himself at one point). People should really know by now that Liam's not a huge showman, you're not going to get him dancing about or whatever. But it was ridiculous, no one at all seemed that into it.

Edited by Muddyfields

I find it strange to blame a crowd for a bands lacklustre performance. Surely its up to the band to be good enough to entertain the crowd not the other way around? Liam Gallagher always was a twat, and thinks he has a right to be a superstar. Now he may have had a point in the 90's when Oasis were at their height, but times move on, and if he is starting again with a new band he has to expect to start again and not just expect that old Oasis fans will flock to see him. They bombed at Glastonbury too, which makes me think they just aren't good enough to attract a large crowd. I wasn't there and did see some of their set on the TV. I've been to T enough times to know that sometimes the TV coverage loses a bit of the atmosphere or sound. However his voice wasn't nasal it was just plain out of tune. I thought he was doing an Ian Brown impression!

I thought his performance was actually pretty decent, at least as good as when I saw Oasis, the problem was that Beady Eyes songs are mostly pretty shit and nobody can really get into them because they are poor. the crowd was bad and only really came alive for the 2 Oasis covers and I agree thats its up to the band to entertain a crowd, it was the lack of the crowd which surprised me rather than the lack of involvement

Liam is a tool, who still thinks he is in a superband, beady are dung. I wasn't a massive oasis fan (more into blur and pulp) but Noel was outstanding last year and a much better live act.....

We did twin Atlantic and Alt-j who were ok but it was the worst headliners in all my years of T,

utterly chronic...

• 2 weeks later...

Agree that saturdays headliners were abysmal and also that Liam is a tool, for me Beady Eye were the best of a bad lot, alt j dnt do much for me and dont really know many songs by mbv, i dont regret the choice but personally i think it should have been twin atlantic > alt j > travis and i would have definitely been to see travis and they would have deserved that slot or even have snoop dogg headlining radio 1 which would have been a lot better

Agreed, travis would've been a much better headliner, as would the Stereophonics who would've torn king tuts up on the Saturday night.....

I haven't bought early bird tickets for the first time in years, fuck his twenty quid discount..... I will not be there next year if it is another dung line up.

Interesting point about Stereophonics. Hadn`t thought about them in Tuts and I think your right. Sadly, I didn`t enjoy them on the main stage Sunday evening. Something didn`t quite click. Maybe too many new tunes ( which is fine if they are any good ) but for me they also looked as if they couldn`t be arsed. Complete opposite of the killers. Come to think of it, would have loved to have seen OCS in the tent as well.

Even Phonics on Radio 1 on the Saturday headlining would have been awesome

I was disappointed with OCS this year, saw them in 2011 in tuts and it was mind blowing, there just seemed to be something lacking on the main stage this year, although I feel tuts just has the best atmosphere at T no matter whos on really

What if you have absolutely no interest at all in Kraftwerk though? I like Mumfords so went and seen them, regardless of how long they'll be together they are who I liked the most so that's who I saw.

Imagine Dragons were my highlight of the Friday though, sensational scenes.