wrist bands

Guest guypjfreak

cheers old sons ive been told that they are chipped so that people cant pass them to others ect but how true this is i dont know but if it is true it takes another piece of festi freedom away from us IMO ..i dont really wont anyone to know if im [wrist band number wot ever]is on site or off site ect .

they want to have it so you can put money on the band but hey thats just more big brother you go to a festi to get away from it all [weve all done the surveys] any way enough moaning im not going and im gutted so have a good one and make sure yo see pearl jam they will be awesome old son..

peace

and if any one wants to give me there ticket just say hhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaaaaa

no seriously give me your tickets :cigar::D

Ive got 2 vodafone VIP ones I won but not gonna go, they got a big square red vodafone thing on it for pre pay so you can pay for stuff via that and they also get you on vodafone viewing areas and skip queues, shame cant go, too broke :(

I dont have the money to go now-I broke up with my bf and he has more money than me and was going to come with! I dont really want to spend time with him in a tent, living with him still is bad enough!

full details is here https://www.iow2012....dafonecashless/

would be interesting to hear how easy it was to use this at the bar

did it speed up things or slow them down ?

thing is, while it might speed things up a tad at the bar, for any festie goer that'll be negated by the time it takes to put some money onto the wristband.... and the punter is of course paying for this no-added advantage via their ticket price.

It pretty much pans out as being a perfect thatcherite economic idea - getting the people to pay extra for something which they used to get anyway. ;)

thing is, while it might speed things up a tad at the bar, for any festie goer that'll be negated by the time it takes to put some money onto the wristband.... and the punter is of course paying for this no-added advantage via their ticket price.

It pretty much pans out as being a perfect thatcherite economic idea - getting the people to pay extra for something which they used to get anyway. ;)

I am not so sure it will speed things up at the bar as there is a £20 limit on the tags and in a busy bar a average order is well over £20.

+ its not clear how many readers there will be so it could slow things down

+ the hassle of adding money

it will be interesting to hear from people how they find its use in practice.

If that £20 limit is ignored - which I'm sure it will be in the future (I'm guessing that there's this limit at the mo, cos the fest is terrified of the money put on wristbands disappearing into the ether somehow) - then in theory there does become a time saving.

But, the reality is, the time saving is pretty small for any festival goer (less than 10 seconds difference to handling cash for any one bar visit, I'd guess), while the time spent on putting money on the wristband will be 2 minutes or more (for just one top-up!). Which of course means each person would need to visit the bar 24 times to see a time 'profit'.

Do people visit the bar that often? I doubt it. They might drink 24 pints, but those bar visits will be split across a number of people.

That's how it pans out in a 'perfect' situation where there's enough readers, it all works perfectly, etc. Throw a few glitches in there and it goes really tits up. So the time savings for this are a myth.

It's not like the beer will be cheaper if the bar operation needs less staff because of a system like this either. So the punter pays extra for a wristband, which costs them more time, and saves them no money.

I wonder if Thatcher has shares in these systems? :lol:

(PS: I've just been told that IoW fest is saying if you lose your wristband, you're stuffed. So that's one of the mooted advantages of these bands shown as one big lie).

its not clear how the bars will be doing this as at some stage the bill will have to be entered into a device and all this takes time + at many events { where there is a history of runners } its very common to get the customer to pay a rough amount before any drinks are put on the counter and this will be adjusted at the end of the transaction so I am not convinced there will be a time saving.

Its a huge expense for the bar operators and until there is a common standard I cant see it being viable.

nearly every bar I have worked in has at some point or the other had a power failure and while cash operation can still take place this would screw up RFID payment .

I put £20 on my one before the festival and didn't use it once!

As a Real Ale drinker I only used the excellent Kashmir Cafe for alcohol and they took cash.

With traditional Glastonbury food favourites like the Philipino and Caribean stalls also not using the vodafone thing, I wasn't going to eat a dubious burger just to try it out!

They'll definitely be hearing from me if I don't get my £20 back next week :)

I put £20 on my one before the festival and didn't use it once!

As a Real Ale drinker I only used the excellent Kashmir Cafe for alcohol and they took cash.

With traditional Glastonbury food favourites like the Philipino and Caribean stalls also not using the vodafone thing, I wasn't going to eat a dubious burger just to try it out!

They'll definitely be hearing from me if I don't get my £20 back next week :)

so not really worth it then ?

Not worth it for me, although had there been a queue when I arrived I could have gone through the special vodafone line instead.

I suppose I could have spent ages queueing to get in the vodafone vip stand, but I'd done enough standing in line to get into the arena areas!

If there had been a special vodafone line to avoid being searched I may have used it :)