House Music

bamber

4 hours ago, davidd said:

Yeah i remember Isobar, preferred it's reincarnation as North really though. 

I'm a Gorton lad mate though i've moved now to the sunnier climes of Denton, ( like a lot of other Gortonians).  

Undoubtedly would have bumped into a lot of your crew in Hippos. We used to have some fantastic times in there. We used to have the corner near the speakers on the left of the dj as he's facing out, there were quite a few of us and we usef to arrive in dribs and drabs and congregate there.

Gorton moves to Denton and Newton Heath moves to Failsworth :rofl:

39 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Gorton moves to Denton and Newton Heath moves to Failsworth :rofl:

Haha, you don't know how right you are mate. 

15 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Used to go to Plush (funky house) and Sundissential (hard house) there.

It was a dive, but I used to like it. Shame it is now Black dog Ballroom.

Good times. 

I've not been in there as yet and don't suppose i will really. Been in the one in the NQ for a late beer a couple of times, devoid of any character .

On 14/05/2016 at 9:09 AM, eastynh said:

You stick some good tunes up Bamber but I always though the old skool ones you stuck up were a bit a touch predictable. Fair play to sticking Rhythm Of Life up as it is one of my favourite ever tunes. It was pretty rare and sought after back in the day. 

It is a long time since I have heard it and it has put a smile on my face this morning, so thank you :-)

If it puts a smile on my face I post 'em here, then I know someone, somewhere,  gets to wear that same smile, not everyone. Then I read more posts here and they make me smile too.........

7 minutes ago, bamber said:

If it puts a smile on my face I post 'em here, then I know someone, somewhere,  gets to wear that same smile, not everyone. Then I read more posts here and they make me smile too.........

Well it put a smile on my face so thank you very much. Lots of stories behind that tune and it means a lot. I am going to make a concerted effort to dig it next weekend when I am off work. There is a pianopella version on the vinyl which is absolutely beautiful.

13 minutes ago, DaddyBacon said:

Love Peven. Wish I had even one iota of his talent and charisma.

You too have talent and charisma if you get that.

Edited by bamber