Krist Novoselic! 20 Years Since Nirvana live at leads

Guest cheeseisamazing

Would have thought somewhere with all this line up annocement some form of advertisement entitled

'Dave Grohl headlining Reading again after 20years' Blah blah blah

Yet this is yet to be seen. Would of thought it to be a good selling point for the festival...

However, the only reason i care bout this is due to the possibility of a Krist Novoselic appearance...

Possible reasons why Kirst Novoselic could appear

-20 years since live at reading

-Dave Loves reading, and has given us surprises before - them crooked vultures secret set-

-Kirst Novoselic! features on the new album. to date he has only played with them live once

-Kirst Novoselic did not Play with Nirvana at the Milton Keynes gigs, (yes this evidence is very weak, however if he was going to play with foos in the UK you would of thought it would have been at one of these gigs)

Reasons why not

-Run up to 2012 USA Elections, may have possible involvements

Pat smear (Nirvana touring guitarist) has been touring with Foos and features on every foo song in the new album. his presence is very likely if not obvious.

So anyone got any news/thoughts

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As cool as this might be. I think Dave is more happy in the knowledge that he's managed to forge a career in which he can headline the festival 20 years later. I think he'll reference it. But I don't think it'll be the big deal people are expecting.

I'm still pissed off that Public Enemy aren't there. Te first ever Rap headliners at the festival. Same year as Nirvana. Could have been cool to see a 20 years of hip-hop at Reading moment with Public Enemy somewhere on main.

As cool as this might be. I think Dave is more happy in the knowledge that he's managed to forge a career in which he can headline the festival 20 years later. I think he'll reference it. But I don't think it'll be the big deal people are expecting.

I'm still pissed off that Public Enemy aren't there. Te first ever Rap headliners at the festival. Same year as Nirvana. Could have been cool to see a 20 years of hip-hop at Reading moment with Public Enemy somewhere on main.

Stop trying to force the Nirvana issue! Krist, Dave and Pat played Marigold (a Nirvana b-side that Dave wrote) at a small secret Foos gig in California and apparently they've jammed together on some old Nirvana stuff (not sure if this was while Krist was playing bass on one song on the last Food album or not), it doesn't mean they're going to turn it into some travelling circus. They've kept it low-key for 18 years, they aren't suddenly going to blow it out of all proportion now.

Stop trying to force the Nirvana issue! Krist, Dave and Pat played Marigold (a Nirvana b-side that Dave wrote) at a small secret Foos gig in California and apparently they've jammed together on some old Nirvana stuff (not sure if this was while Krist was playing bass on one song on the last Food album or not), it doesn't mean they're going to turn it into some travelling circus. They've kept it low-key for 18 years, they aren't suddenly going to blow it out of all proportion now.

I am also surprised they aren't talking up the whole Nirvana 20 years thing

This is based on all their talk last year of how Muse 'Grew up going to the Reading' and how it made Matt Bellamy want to be a rock star etc

Thought they might adopt a similar historic rhetoric this year about Foos, then again it looks like they may do that with the Cure

I am also surprised they aren't talking up the whole Nirvana 20 years thing

This is based on all their talk last year of how Muse 'Grew up going to the Reading' and how it made Matt Bellamy want to be a rock star etc

Thought they might adopt a similar historic rhetoric this year about Foos, then again it looks like they may do that with the Cure

Kris will come on stage and play along to I Should Have Known. Then when Taylor, Nate and Chris go off stage for a small break, the 3 remaining musicians will perform the following...

Smells Like Teen Spirit:

Dave on drums

Kris on bass

Pat on guitar

Reading crowd on vocals ;)

Kris will come on stage and play along to I Should Have Known. Then when Taylor, Nate and Chris go off stage for a small break, the 3 remaining musicians will perform the following...

Smells Like Teen Spirit:

Dave on drums

Kris on bass

Pat on guitar

Smells Like Teen Spirit:

Dave on drums

Kris on bass

Pat on guitar